Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took clutch cover off at 1000 km /600 miles .to clean doesnt seem too dirty but is this bad ?
16262130760578120066985580473174.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still shifts fine . i guess i should show dealer. Is there a fix fir this ? Or they just gonna give me the same thing ?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
Still shifts fine . i guess i should show dealer. Is there a fix fir this ? Or they just gonna give me the sane thing ?
So I’m battling quite a couple things in this topic. Here’s what info/experience I have so far. I have a horrible noise, so dealer replaced primary sheave and entire clutch assembly. Noise is still present. There’s another member that had his replaced as well and the grooves came back. He said they are updated part numbers but still have the same issue.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just dropped my machine off again at the dealer. This will be the second time they will be replacing the clutches if Kawasaki will let them. We shall see! I am wondering if maybe the clutches aren’t the problem and the belt is… anybody using an aftermarket belt with clutches that aren’t grooved?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
Just dropped my machine off again at the dealer. This will be the second time they will be replacing the clutches if Kawasaki will let them. We shall see! I am wondering if maybe the clutches aren’t the problem and the belt is… anybody using an aftermarket belt with clutches that aren’t grooved?
One thing they don’t tell you is the parts being replaced have a 90 day warranty. I think the grooving happens with all belts.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
61 Posts
Took clutch cover off at 1000 km /600 miles .to clean doesnt seem too dirty but is this bad ? View attachment 4220
Have you run your finger over the pulley? Do you feel any grooves?

I have an early 2020 and did notice a little bit of the rings, but the sheeve felt smooth. After about 400 miles I switched to the BadAss belt and now I have no more "rings". I have about 1200 miles now.

I think the stock belt is too stiff.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts

I have an early 2020 and did notice a little bit of the rings, but the sheeve felt smooth. After about 400 miles I switched to the BadAss belt and now I have no more "rings". I have about 1200 miles now.

Yes mine were grooves

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thank you @Krawler for that info. If they replace my clutches I am going to put a badass belt on right away. Probably an RCOR clutch kit as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would think kawasaki would clue in to this lol im gonna get one too
Thanks Krawler

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
I just put a badass belt on mine as well. Figured why not give it a try and see if there is any noticeable difference. My sheeves are still fine with zero grooving and around 800 miles on it. Build date 10/2019 It makes since that if the OEM belt is super hard that it could play a roll in sheeve grooving. I also believe that belt break in and riding style play a role in it as well. Who really knows???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes i can feel the one grove?at the top .

Yes bro i can feel the grove that is at the top. I think ill try the bad ass too

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
107 Posts
I recently replaced my clutch weights and belt with RCOR weights and badass belt. My primary had the same look, mostly smooth, VERY slight groove up near the top. The new belt and weights seem to have fixed all the problems. I'll pull the cover and reinspect after a few hundred more miles to see what the sheeves look like then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts