Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few threads on clutch related torques but the clutch cover bolt seems like it could be 3 different covers to me. I just removed the primary spring and would like to have the correct torques.
What is the proper term for the cover that holds the primary spring down with 8 Allen bolts?
What about this cage with 2 nuts and 2 bolts?

And finally the plastic cover that covers the entire assembly and keeps it water tight?

Maybe I’m a moron but pictures are worth a thousand words.

Reactions: BobX2

·
Registered
229 Posts
This should help you find all the torque specs you need.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but what is what in that list?

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
The plastic cover is 15 ft lb. 80 in lb (corrected). I twisted one of the bolts off because I read the wrong torque value for the wrong cover. Thankfully, the rest of them backed out and are OK. I'm still going to replace them all just in case.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Clutch cover torque is 80 inch lbs, that equals about 6.7 foot lbs. Thats why the bolt snapped

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
102 Posts
To the OP. On your first picture with the clutch cover allen head bolts=11 foot lbs. On the second picture with the clutch cover nuts=15 foot lbs.
The third picture is the converter cover bolts=80 inch lbs. It appears that it is a common mistake to confuse the clutch cover(inner aluminum cover which contains the primary spring) with the converter cover(the big plastic cover that covers the entire belt and pulley assembly).

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To the OP. On your first picture with the clutch cover allen head bolts=11 foot lbs. On the second picture with the clutch cover nuts=15 foot lbs.
The third picture is the converter cover bolts=80 inch lbs. It appears that it is a common mistake to confuse the clutch cover(inner aluminum cover which contains the primary spring) with the converter cover(the big plastic cover that covers the entire belt and pulley assembly).
Perfect, thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
Clutch cover torque is 80 inch lbs, that equals about 6.7 foot lbs. Thats why the bolt snapped
Appreciate the clarification. I am no longer confused.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
All i do is just Snug them up right good and let it go i have not had any kind of problem with them coming losses or anything and we ride in some really rough places around in Tennessee hills ........and also i took out primary spring and cut 2 links off it and put a badass belt on it .......that lowered my RPM and boosted up my speed to 70mpr and i am running stock with NO tunes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts