Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the trail edition and not sure if it's the bright paint or the blk camo pattern but this thing is a b!$th to clean. I have a power washer I'm using but looking for other options?
Do those foam cannons work as shown?
A specific soap in the PW dispenser?
A long wand soft brush?
For some reason this thing is a pain in the a$$.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There is a big discussion on this buried in the forum somewhere. Mine is easy to clean compared to my old rzr turbo!! I use slick off road wash and then the slick shine. So easy to clean once you start using their products. I have tried so many products and nothing compares to slick.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Below is a promo for 15% off slick if you go with it. Also some before/after photos. I power wash all the mud off and then hand wash the machine in sections. Then I dry it off with the backpack blower, and then apply the slick shine. The whole process probably takes 1.5 hours

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use sc1 spray.after washing with power washer and chemical guys mudder truck wash . sc1 i leave un wiped in wheel wells and under carige . works pretty good i wipe body and interior excess sc1 off

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Chemical guys interior clean on my whole rig. Amazing stuff makes everything look like new and super easy to wash.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Foam cannons seem to work really well. Used my buddies once and it was amazing.

Went from this

to this using nothing but the cannon and pressure washer. Never touched it with a sponge or towel.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
Foam cannons seem to work really well. Used my buddies once and it was amazing.

Went from this
View attachment 3809

to this using nothing but the cannon and pressure washer. Never touched it with a sponge or towel.
View attachment 3810
I’ve seen a couple of videos of the foam cannon, but what’s the difference from just putting cleaning solution in the tanks of the pressure washer?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
I’ve seen a couple of videos of the foam cannon, but what’s the difference from just putting cleaning solution in the tanks of the pressure washer?
lol I don't know what the difference is, but I do know that with the foam cannon it came out CLEAN. Using just a pressure washer (car wash) I have come home and been disappointed by all the spots I missed. The cannon covers it in foam, and then just spray the foam off. Doesn't miss a spot.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Chemical guys interior clean on my whole rig. Amazing stuff makes everything look like new and super easy to wash.
I'll ahve to try the interior clean, I use their tough mudder.

I try and hit the carwash on the way home or wash the next day to not allow any mud to sit for a while. I have found superclean ( dilute and test first) in a pump sprayer or foam cannon will really help to loosen up mud and dirt. then i go back and hit with the foam cannon of tough mudder.

biggest pain is the rear fender wells - i have learned to clean those first before you attempt to wash anything on the inside. One day i am going to get some flex seal and block all the passages from their to the cabin ..

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
I'll ahve to try the interior clean, I use their tough mudder.

I try and hit the carwash on the way home or wash the next day to not allow any mud to sit for a while. I have found superclean ( dilute and test first) in a pump sprayer or foam cannon will really help to loosen up mud and dirt. then i go back and hit with the foam cannon of tough mudder.

biggest pain is the rear fender wells - i have learned to clean those first before you attempt to wash anything on the inside. One day i am going to get some flex seal and block all the passages from their to the cabin ..
I went full blown mud to doors bogging ONCE and I’ll never do it again. It took me about 3 hours to fully clean my rig. Even a week later I was still pressure washing mud out from the wheels wells and a bunch of little crevices. If I would have known to coat the machine in something I would have done that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there anywhere you aren’t supposed to spray on these things? I just picked mine up Friday. Rode around Elwood Pass/Platoro on Fri, Sat, and Sunday (flat tire Sat), and last night I took it to the car wash and sprayed everything inside and out. Was sort of wondering driving away if that is standard operating procedure or not, saw this thread and figured I’d ask. Thx

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Is there anywhere you aren’t supposed to spray on these things? I just picked mine up Friday. Rode around Elwood Pass/Platoro on Fri, Sat, and Sunday (flat tire Sat), and last night I took it to the car wash and sprayed everything inside and out. Was sort of wondering driving away if that is standard operating procedure or not, saw this thread and figured I’d ask. Thx
Radiator is a big no no as the pressure of the water will bend the fins damaging your radiator. Typically I spray lightly around electronic components or wiring. Other wise spray away

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
If using a pressure washer stay away from your frog skin covers on the air boxes. Friend of mine has destroyed his by not paying attention.
They will also peel off the decals pretty easily if you aren't careful. (unless your pressure washer is a POS like mine is :) )

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally got to hit the desert trails a couple weeks ago, five hours of riding....... 25 hours to clean the toy. And it was just dust and dirt. I did get the SC1 and finished up with it, have a little to do on the interior. Any suggestions how to clean the seats? i just hosed off most of the dirt but they still look a little dirty. Only complaint is where Kawasaki put the floor plugs - all my water settled by my petals... was thinking of drilling a couple small holes but i need to look underneath. Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
I finally got to hit the desert trails a couple weeks ago, five hours of riding....... 25 hours to clean the toy. And it was just dust and dirt. I did get the SC1 and finished up with it, have a little to do on the interior. Any suggestions how to clean the seats? i just hosed off most of the dirt but they still look a little dirty. Only complaint is where Kawasaki put the floor plugs - all my water settled by my petals... was thinking of drilling a couple small holes but i need to look underneath. Anyone have any other ideas?
If your spring preload is correct, you should be slightly nose high when on level ground. Drive up on a block of wood to raise the nose and the water will run out of the drains.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts