Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for the first time today. Will go back!

When you park you go in here to pay and sign the waiver.

This picture was taken from the same vantage point, facing away from the red clubhouse.

This is a view from the parking lot showing the large fire pit they have.

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Our fearless leader in the green KRX went up this rock creek and two others followed. I waited and waited to see if they would turn around. Finally I joined them. We made our way to what we later learned is called the "Upper Still". If it was raining there's a cave and you could wait it out. Very cool spot.

Here is me at that spot.

Stopped at a flat spot on a double black diamond trail. The trails here were more extreme than anywhere I've taken this machine. The pictures don't do it justice.

· Registered
144 Posts
Looked at the website, not much info about trails/map.
As big as CAW?
Facebook pics/videos show less clay than CAW.
Gulches is 2 hrs. closer to me but although there are climbs I don't attempt there, ya run out of variety quickly.

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... and sign a waiver. It opened in August. It's 300 acres on the side of hills with valleys and some creeks. Looks like they used chainsaws and side-by-sides to create the trails and not bulldozers. So their blue trails are harder than blue trails at Carolina Adventure World done with a dozer (those are absurdly easy). Each trail is marked with a sign at the beginning and then tape throughout. We did several black diamonds and double-black diamonds. I was glad I was in the KRX on 35's, I don't think the X2 on 27's would have been fun, and might have been impossible. NONE OF THE TRAILS WE RODE ARE RUTTED OUT YET. I'm sure that will come in time.

There seems to be more info on Facebook than their website. I was told they applied for permitting for 100 RV sites and they will have primitive camping also.

Here are screenshots of the map they provide when you sign in:

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paying to ride at a park that is a business is nothing new to us. Obviously we don't pay to ride on private land where we have permission. But these parks are a business. At Cherry Bounce, $25 per machine, no matter what machine, with no additional charges. Could be a 4-seater SxS or a 2-wheel dirt bike. I am guessing its how they pay the insurance. Nearby Lake Houser is $20 per machine with no charges per person. Outback in Laurinburg, SC is $5 per machine plus $10 per person. Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC, is $10 per machine and $10 per head.

To put it in perspective if you go to Carolina Adventure World its $25 per machine plus $20 per head. So if you have a 4-seater and 4 people its $105 for the day. Whereas here, its $25.

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had issues most of the day with my tablet. I finally re-booted it and was able to get this one track recorded. This is the route the owner led us on. I exported it from Back Country Navigator as a .kmz file and then emailed it to myself. Then on a computer, it opens in Google Earth. This will give you a better understanding of the type of terrain.
This track is 3.72 miles

· Premium Member
171 Posts
There are a LOT harder to ride on trails to the north and west of Bostic. If you are coming this way Windrock is 3 house north west and there are other places like Buffalo Mountain Trail 29. Brown mountain shout 45 minutes away from Cherry bounce. A lot of good places here to ride not in the flat lands of NC.

· Premium Member
171 Posts
I know of one free place to ride that is non private no invite extra land. Buffalo Mountain Trail #29 and a few of us know all the trails on it you have to search to find half of them. It is free. Most everywhere else is varying from 6 dollar NC State access to very expensive like Doe Mountain in TN.

· Registered
23 KRX Trail Edition still on 31 Carnivores
5 Posts
Was up there Friday for the second time. Was my oldest daughter's first ride in a sxs. Was a beautiful day for it. A lot of changes in trail condition since the wife and I rode there right before New Year's. Been alot of rain and traffic on the trails. Was a beautiful day to ride.

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There’s not a lot of miles at this place but what is here are good ones. New trails are being made. We like the place. Saturday was my 5th time. Looking forward to the campsites opening once he has the septic permits.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts