Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short...
We were doing some crawling and hill killing and noticed a little clicking in the clutch. Took a pass up a steep hill, and let it free roll back down to try again. Hit the gas and it just bogged down. Probably didn't get over 2k -2500 rpm when bogged down. The primary bolt had backed out into the housing. It boogered up the housing a little and left some shavings, but didn't do too much damage.

We have 2 machines, one for play and one for parts. We came back to the shop, checked the 2nd machine, and it was also starting to back out.

Check it and tighten it down!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't locate a KRX shop manual. For reference or starting point, on the Teryx the Primary is torqued to 69 ft/lbs, according to what I could dig up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked mine today. 1 was loose enough to spin by hand. The others were tight, though not very. I pulled them all and applied blue thread locker. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Plan to inspect them after some miles. About a 30 min job. I never could figure how to get the belt box cover completely removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't locate a KRX shop manual. For reference or starting point, on the Teryx the Primary is torqued to 69 ft/lbs, according to what I could dig up.
The edit button has gone away, so I want to clarify my post above. The 69 ft/lbs was to torque the primary to the shaft. I believe the cover screws were 111 IN/LBS. Sorry if there was any confusion.

·
Vendor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up @SuperATV! Glad to hear there wasn't too much damage from the shavings. What did you have to do to fix it?
Just added some blue loctite and torqued them back down. Not sure on the exact torque spec called for. Probably not much with a little 6mm bolt.
Edit: 1HasBeen sounds like he found it in the post above.

Definitely needs to be checked if you haven't already. Could have been nasty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts