Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheapest I've seen yet, less then 10 bucks.

You need two 4 1/4 stainless shower drains, $2.98 each from Menard's, and some 1 inch self tapping drill point screws, about $.10 if you dont have some laying around.

Add the paint of your choice, I used some left over truck bed coating, and run the self tappers into the drain support on the floor.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
218 Posts
I also drilled a bunch of holes in the OEM cap. I like the way it friction mounts inside the lip.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
225 Posts
Exactly what I was looking for. I washed the machine for the first time yesterday, at a neighbor’s house. I was very surprised to see inches of standing water in each foot well!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm going to drill the factory and put them back in. We have too many leaves that end up in the floor well and they clog the drains when washing. I didn't go that route at first because I was worried about water coming back in. It hasn't happened yet. Drilled factory would still allow water that gets in riding to get out and would still be easy to pop out for washing. I see the new units come with a single large hole in them.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
703 Posts
Just install a small “U” bolt with some washers in each one. Now you have a handle to pop it out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never thought they were hard to get out. All you do is push one side down then pull it out. I just got tired of having to stop and do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with cheap Oatey stainless steel shower drains from Home Depot ($4.72 each) and used the same silicon adhesive I used to glue my hub caps and front bumper caps on with. I couldn’t pay $30 plus shipping. I’ve only been out riding a few times since installing but so far I’m happy.

Link to Home Depot Drains

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
225 Posts
Hands down that wins for cheap floor drains. :)

·
Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
26 Posts
It does not get any cheaper than this. Just remove the drain, turn it over, and drill four 1/2'' holes thru the back as shown in the photos. Presto, free floor drains.:cool:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts