Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured i would go ahead and start a thread for my build and my ride.. helps to keep track of the stuff i have done and to engage conversation.

Purchased my KRX in Oct 20 loaded on the trailer and headed to go home

Since then I ahve added a few things lol
Switch Pro Switch Pros • Customizable LED Lighting Systems for Vehicles While not the cheapest definitely one of the easiest to wire up and comes with a ton of functions
  • Ability to set switch to Key on or Battery
  • Ability to set to Dim 3 levels
  • Ability to set for strobe/ flash as 2nd function
  • Bluetooth controllable through cell phone app
  • Change the color of the lights
  • Etc. etc. etc
Roof
Glass Windshield
Wiper
Nerf Bars
Front Area 15 designs bumber
Winch (Factory)
PRP roof bags
Baja designs corning lights
Trail armor skids
Shock Therapy Springs

Pictures of my skids when first put on

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
One think about the KRX is it is confidence inspiring ... the first several hundred miles it did everything i asked it to do... then came a day when i needed to go help winch a buddy up and well I should ahve gone around the cavass but thought Hey it has done everything I have tried so why not ....

Well here is why not lol

Yes, might as well own it

Just a few scratches when in its natural condition

This out as Disney above little Blu when i was needed to winch a friend up little Blue

Those of you who ahve not been to Disney, OK take warning... those of you who have know .... that place is rough on tires

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Started out my SXS experience in a Honda pioneer 1000-5 , had a lot of great adventures in it and met a lot of good friends... Most of us have switched over to KRX's in the last 8 months with a few more making the switch soon. Loved the Honda but my my use of a SXS changed and the Talon was not a fit for me.

I believe I am at 700ish miles now and have ridden the following places
Rush Springs Ranch Jane , MO closest to house
Disney, OK
Mulberry / Mill creek area
Buckhorn
Crossbar Ranch OK

Leading a group on a misty Friday ride

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Never proud of the wiring but here it is none the less - a little cleaned up and a little more messy since the picture was taken

Radio
Took a cheap cutting board and mounted it to the roof to which i mounted my radio to. Can actually hear it pretty well with the speaker reflecting off the cutting board and roof.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Started out my SXS experience in a Honda pioneer 1000-5 , had a lot of great adventures in it and met a lot of good friends... Most of us have switched over to KRX's in the last 8 months with a few more making the switch soon. Loved the Honda but my my use of a SXS changed and the Talon was not a fit for me.
Wierd how so many P1000 owners are going KRX. I waited a long time for the Talon to finally arrive and it was meh, thats it? Saw my first KRX at the dealer when my P1000 was in getting a bunch of recall up dates. Its in the picture below. My P1000 was saying "Dad, can we get a KRX friend to bring home? It gets lonely being the only sxs in the shop." :) Ok P1000 we'll get you a friend.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wierd how so many P1000 owners are going KRX. I waited a long time for the Talon to finally arrive and it was meh, thats it? Saw my first KRX at the dealer when my P1000 was in getting a bunch of recall up dates. Its in the picture below. My P1000 was saying "Dad, can we get a KRX friend to bring home? It gets lonely being the only sxs in the shop." :) Ok P1000 we'll get you a friend. View attachment 2292
Yep I know 11 and soon to be 13 of us that have switched and while we don’t all live in the same area we get together a couple times a year to ride..

·
Registered
898 Posts
Chaka needs some PRP door bags knee pads from a RZR. they fit perfect.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
Never proud of the wiring but here it is none the less - a little cleaned up and a little more messy since the picture was taken
View attachment 2287
It seems like I can never get the hidden wiring cleaned up how I’d like it. It’s always a mess of spaghetti zip tied in bundles. So many plugs, fuse blocks, relays etc. I took out that factory bus bar yesterday and added a new separate positive and ground bar with more screws so there aren’t like 6 things on those two little posts. I’ve got wiring for 3 sets of light, the turn signal kit, winch, USB outlet, plus the wiring that was already there behind that dash panel. It looks awful but it all works. Seems fairly protected back there though.
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It seems like I can never get the hidden wiring cleaned up how I’d like it. It’s always a mess of spaghetti zip tied in bundles. So many plugs, fuse blocks, relays etc. I took out that factory bus bar yesterday and added a new separate positive and ground bar with more screws so there aren’t like 6 things on those two little posts. I’ve got wiring for 3 sets of light, the turn signal kit, winch, USB outlet, plus the wiring that was already there behind that dash panel. It looks awful but it all works. Seems fairly protected back there though.
[/QUOTE]
I know it is nice to hide everything away back there... I swore i was going to be neater this time and at some point i guess i will try and clean up. it started out good with the Switchpro .

·
Registered
590 Posts
I know it is nice to hide everything away back there... I swore i was going to be neater this time and at some point i guess i will try and clean up. it started out good with the Switchpro .
[/QUOTE]

my lighting wiring is good but the Ryco turn signal kit and the wireless remote module setup for my winch have so much wiring and take up a lot of space.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chaka needs some PRP door bags knee pads from a RZR. they fit perfect.

I have thought about getting the door bags but feel i am good on storage for now. If I ever have to loose the roof bags i will look hard at the door bags to make up for. The one thing I don't like about the PRP bags is that they are not waterproof . even when I wash the KRX I need to take everything out of them to avoid the stuff inside getting wet.

I keep all my recovery gear in one PRP side bag as seen below - I Scotchgarded it last night to see if that might help out .. will let everyone know.

I only have one as to not block any view over my right shoulder and the nice thing about these is that they have a zipper on both sides that way if you happen to lay your rig over on the drivers side you can still access your recovery gear from the other...

Here is what I carry :
Mini - Mac rigging line from Master Pull Orange rope top left Mini Mac Rigging Line - 3' This along with the red soft shackle is my most used piece of recovery gear. It is great to loop around someone's cage that has tipped over - to provide winch point, great to hook around bumpers from people stuck with no good pull point etc.
Bubba Rope Soft Shackle Red and black soft shackle - invaluable
Warn Epic Snatch Block and Epic D ring
Bubba Rope UTV Soft Shackles - Black and green 2
Tree saver
25' Winch extension line

Not pictured below is a custom splice recovery ring that i keep in the overhead bag on the passenger side

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have thought about getting the door bags but feel i am good on storage for now. If I ever have to loose the roof bags i will look hard at the door bags to make up for. The one thing I don't like about the PRP bags is that they are not waterproof . even when I wash the KRX I need to take everything out of them to avoid the stuff inside getting wet.

I keep all my recovery gear in one PRP side bag as seen below - I Scotchgarded it last night to see if that might help out .. will let everyone know.

View attachment 2306

I only have one as to not block any view over my right shoulder and the nice thing about these is that they have a zipper on both sides that way if you happen to lay your rig over on the drivers side you can still access your recovery gear from the other...

Here is what I carry :
Mini - Mac rigging line from Master Pull Orange rope top left Mini Mac Rigging Line - 3' This along with the red soft shackle is my most used piece of recovery gear. It is great to loop around someone's cage that has tipped over - to provide winch point, great to hook around bumpers from people stuck with no good pull point etc.
Bubba Rope Soft Shackle Red and black soft shackle - invaluable
Warn Epic Snatch Block and Epic D ring
Bubba Rope UTV Soft Shackles
- Black and green 2
Tree saver
25' Winch extension line

Not pictured below is a custom splice recovery ring that i keep in the overhead bag on the passenger side View attachment 2308

View attachment 2307
I carry basically the same stuff. Soft shackles are awesome. I like those recovery rings. I really want the factor 55 one but it’s $110. I have their ultrahook and love it. I got it when it was much cheaper than it is now though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Figured i would go ahead and start a thread for my build and my ride.. helps to keep track of the stuff i have done and to engage conversation.

Purchased my KRX in Oct 20 loaded on the trailer and headed to go home
View attachment 2277

Since then I ahve added a few things lol
Switch Pro Switch Pros • Customizable LED Lighting Systems for Vehicles While not the cheapest definitely one of the easiest to wire up and comes with a ton of functions
  • Ability to set switch to Key on or Battery
  • Ability to set to Dim 3 levels
  • Ability to set for strobe/ flash as 2nd function
  • Bluetooth controllable through cell phone app
  • Change the color of the lights
  • Etc. etc. etc
Roof
Glass Windshield
Wiper
Nerf Bars
Front Area 15 designs bumber
Winch (Factory)
PRP roof bags
Baja designs corning lights
Trail armor skids
Shock Therapy Springs

Pictures of my skids when first put on
View attachment 2278
View attachment 2279
Where did you get the trailing arm guards?

·
Registered
139 Posts

I believe I am at 700ish miles now and have ridden the following places
Rush Springs Ranch Jane , MO closest to house
Disney, OK
Mulberry / Mill creek area
Buckhorn
Crossbar Ranch OK

View attachment 2285

Leading a group on a misty Friday ride
View attachment 2286
Cross bar Worth the drive ?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I carry basically the same stuff. Soft shackles are awesome. I like those recovery rings. I really want the factor 55 one but it’s $110. I have their ultrahook and love it. I got it when it was much cheaper than it is now though.
Yea the factor 55 stuff is really nice . The recovery ring works well I have use a few times.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Cross bar Worth the drive ?
It is, I will be going back sometime I had a lot of fun and there are trails for all skill levels. you will find stuff you don't want to do but a lot that is super fun in a KRX. They only have 1 cabin there and a couple that are located outside the gates so you are going to need to RV it or have a camper. I know they have water and power spots for a Number of RV's but no shower houses... just a old outhouse. lots of primitive camping spots and in fact seemed like you could have a better spot if you primitive camped or ran off genny.

I can see where the summers would be dusty and like a hairdryer however.

Sign as you are leaving

Following a soon to be KRX owner down screen door

1 - 20 of 27 Posts