Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you all carry a chainsaw with you? If so, what saw do you use and how do you carry it or mount it?

I just bought this one to carry on my trail rides

·
Registered
634 Posts
I got my son one of these. Fits nicely behind the rear seat of his P1000-5. He's tried out a few times and is pretty confident he can clear any dead fall he needs to. Me no saw.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that one since I already have Dewalt batteries, but I wanted a top handle (arbor saw) to hopefully be more compact.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
464 Posts
Dewalt 20 volt for me I think it’s a 12” bar. With a sharp chain it handle 90% of what’s on trails. Won’t do the big stuff but it’s small and light. I also have the air compressor and the spotlight and the $270 impact, and the hedge trimmers great for briars. They all share batteries. On the X2 the chainsaw and stuff is in the bed. On the KRX it’s in the passenger floorboard.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that mount. I’m trying to figure out where and how I am going to build and place a mount for mine

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
464 Posts
Holy shit!
I thought I had a story but not even going to bring it up now. Well... Mine is just a basic creek bank crossing that didn’t work.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I haven't done it yet but I'm thinking a mount across the front of the bed up on the cover would work well. With my seats folding forward it will go behind them but I like that space for other stuff. The hump in front of the bed is a nice high and dry wasted space right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do any of you all carry a chainsaw with you? If so, what saw do you use and how do you carry it or mount it?

I just bought this one to carry on my trail rides

View attachment 2445
I carry a gas one starting in the spring. always have. Can't think of how marry times iv'e cleared the trail . i used to and still do sometimes, drive our old fj40 land cruiser, and come across a tree that has been barely cut for a small utv. Please clear the whole road .

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,447 Posts
I carry a gas one starting in the spring. always have. Can't think of how marry times iv'e cleared the trail . i used to and still do sometimes, drive our old fj40 land cruiser, and come across a tree that has been barely cut for a small utv. Please clear the whole road .
I couldn't agree more. I've seen that before and it makes no sense. If you have to cut it anyway, do it so it helps everyone.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
464 Posts
My battery DeWalt saw steady leaks bar oil in the case I keep it in. Not a lot but always there. There’s no way I’d mount it exposed where it would do the same. Maybe this is just a problem with this saw.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My battery DeWalt saw steady leaks bar oil in the case I keep it in. Not a lot but always there. There’s no way I’d mount it exposed where it would do the same. Maybe this is just a problem with this saw.
I keep mine in the case all the time.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that’s a problem with most chainsaws. I’ve heard to store them with the bar oil cap pointed down

1 - 20 of 22 Posts