Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a second muffler and drilled the cat out of it, did a bright silver Ceramic Coating, have a Vforce John stage 2 tune. No Cat and the tune has REALLY woke up the midrange and pulls hard off of idle with no bog. Removed the primary spring. Gobs more power. No backfire on de-accel with the tune. Color me a HAPPY CAMPER

KRX muffler before after.jpg

KRX muffler.jpg

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE VFORCE JOHN TUNE WITH NO CAT. WAY MORE MIDRANGE PULL + NOT AT ALL LOUDER THAN STOCK = PRICELESS.

·
Registered
175 Posts
On a side note. I understand it’s no longer summer, and I think you live in a colder area if I remember correctly. But I am curious if the ceramic coating on the exhaust along with cat removal help dissipate heat. If due to cold you are unable to tell I apologize for the question.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Really nice! I'm on the fence with tuners. VFJ or Zachary Morris in TX. Like you, I'm really liking the primary spring removal.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Following this topic for sure. I discussed Kawasaki Warranty disqualifiers with my sales guy yesterday. He is a long time power-sports mechanic that moved to sales. We covered, suspension mods, clutch mods, and engine mods. His response was Kawasaki is pretty liberal in all areas except engine mods.....especially ECU tunes. Sooooooo........hypothetically, and asking for a friend, is this enhancement stored as a permanent record in the ECU?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Search him on KRX addicts on FB. Complete offroad powersports is the name. Prepare yourself....he really comes off as a know it all smartass but I think he has some merit.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vforce John, nuff said

I did a dune trip this weekend..............mid range torque and throttle response = priceless. Why mess with guessing a proven tuner? experience!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that I drilled the cat out of one of my muffers, FOR SALE the second unit stock with CAT. $200 plus shipping.

KRX muffler before after.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Following this topic for sure. I discussed Kawasaki Warranty disqualifiers with my sales guy yesterday. He is a long time power-sports mechanic that moved to sales. We covered, suspension mods, clutch mods, and engine mods. His response was Kawasaki is pretty liberal in all areas except engine mods.....especially ECU tunes. Sooooooo........hypothetically, and asking for a friend, is this enhancement stored as a permanent record in the ECU?
I was told yesterday by Kawi dealer that only engine mechanical mods will void warranty. Tunes and exhaust he laughed at and said no problem.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,117 Posts
I was told yesterday by Kawi dealer that only engine mechanical mods will void warranty. Tunes and exhaust he laughed at and said no problem.
Maybe it is at your own dealer. They’ll void anything around here that’s not stock and pin it as what caused the problem.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts