Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here's a strange one.

Two 2020 KRX's, 39 degrees out and dry. Both have 33" tires, both rode lightly earlier in the evening and full of fuel. One is stock PCM, 87 octane and no primary spring. The other is VFJ tuned, on 93 octane and has the primary spring in. Both running in low range, full power.

Both get the CEL and flashing F and L at the exact same spot in the trail after 9 minutes of easy riding. Both cleared the code and went to normal with 2 key cycles. This was the first time either machine has had this happen. Mine was 1004 miles the other is 600-800.

Video of ride.

·
Registered
548 Posts
EMI field? Powerlines? I have read that exposure can cause a CEL. Even a passing car running a hi wattage transmitter with a keyed mic could be a suspected cause.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EMI field? Powerlines? I have read that exposure can cause a CEL. Even a passing car running a hi wattage transmitter with a keyed mic could be a suspected cause.
Little loop around our property to check the gas well. Both machines have done this loop dozens of times. No radio chatter from our group and the second KRX pulled up and got the CEL about 25 seconds after me.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I hate that cel. You know, now that I think about it. Both times I got mine were basically in the exact same spot. Weird. I bet they get rid of that low power mode in the future.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate that cel. You know, now that I think about it. Both times I got mine were basically in the exact same spot. Weird. I bet they get rid of that low power mode in the future.
That switch gets blamed a lot but I don't think it has anything to do with it. Neither of these low power switches every get used and mine has been mounted to the bar behind the dash for at least a year.

I'm thinking it has to be some parameter the ECU expects to see within a certain time or distance that something about the weather or ride that day did not see in time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts