Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm surprised the amount of tire issues when these are 8 ply tires from the factory.

Instead of stock 12/17 psi front/rear, I recently lowered mine to 9 and 13 psi. Need some trail time to see/feel the difference.
Off the rim compared to my 35" Roxxzillas, the Carnivores feel much thinner. Like one finger poking the tire can collapse it.

So far the Roxxzillas have been great but being a sticky they wear quicker but nothing crazy. I originally ran all 4 at 15psi but have since moved down to 13psi and this is where I will be keeping them. No need to go lower as I feel 13psi is plenty low and I don't want to risk a pinch.

I still like the factory beadlocks over any other sxs beadlock I have had. They are stout wheels.

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000 "Green Goblin"
33 Posts
So I was dismounting the 2 stock 31" tires with punctures last night and found some interesting markings stamped inside the tires. Now I know nothing about tire manufacturing but what in the world did they do to make this one off tire we are having so many problems with? This is repeated in each tire 2 or 3 times, it is in the center of the tread area. Kinda looks like it would have been on the outside of the mold it was made on. Might have something to do with how flimsy this tire is.

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000 "Green Goblin"
33 Posts
WOW!!! What a difference!!! Got the new tires all mounted and took it out for a test ride last night. Absolutely no comparison! The Sedona Rock a Billys are great! Excellent grip, handling, and Im only running 10 psi in all 4. This is a proper 8 ply tire. When dismounted the Crapivours folded up like a flat basketball when I put a knee on them. The Sedonas barely flexed under same pressure. All in all the point isnt what tire you run.... Just get a decent tire and toss the Crapivours!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts