Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well.. I just ordered some 35" Roxxzilla's for my KRX.
Figured I'd give them a whirl and after having a few miles on them I will give a ride report here.
I tend to drive like a maniac so we will see if I break things, power delivery, and over all tire performance.
35s wow! I'll be interested to read you review.

·
Registered
165 Posts
For a OEM loose tire, Today I called Discount Tire and Les Schwab and even as a special order, they don't think get one Carnivore tire.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got my Roxxilla 35s in and mounted them myself. It looks badass!
I went for a spin around town to see how they felt on asphalt and they feel great. About 16 miles.
No noticeable change in steering, power still feels fine; take a little longer to get up to speeds when you step on it but nothing crazy, clutch engagement seems the same as stock, brakes still feel great and can still lock them up, they track well and feel balanced. So far so good. Taking them to the dirt tomorrow on a trail with tons of technical crawling and highspeed stuff. I have 15psi in all 4.
If anyone is going to break things, it would be me. I will report back with dirt impressions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Great comparison, thanks. Claw tread pattern is more appealing than the Mongrel I switched to....dammit but they’re working great. 60 miles and no complaints so far

·
Registered
162 Posts
Carnivore vs Motoclaw
It's no wonder we are having issues with these Carnivores. This Carnivore has about 200 miles on it.
I hope the video comes through, I've never done this before.
Motoclaws are a Great tire! I went 5k miles on two sets of hard pounding miles and never had to fix a flat on the trail..my friend put a set on his rig a couple of years ago and that was the end of his flat problems as well.. they handle great and take on any kind of punishment you can through at them.. mud, slush, snow, slop, desert ,rock crawl and timber piles.. just like EFX claims "they get you there and back"! I wanted a 32" and didn't want to go to a 16" rim so I just purchased the EFX Motovator first ride on them was great for high speed desert.. but missed my motoclaws as soon as we hit a steep incline in some soft shale and snow patch.. the only other tire I found to perform like a motoclaw is a pitBull growler..

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000 "Green Goblin"
33 Posts
Well Ive used Maxxis tires for years now and had nothing but great luck with them. But I will not be buying any more! I cut 2 sidewalls yesterday going up a hill Ive been on many times. 1 I was able to plug and get it to hold air but the rear has a 3 inch long cut from the beadlock out. I am very disappointed in these tires and the decision to put a 1 off size on this machine so they could sell more tires as we had problems. I hope someone form Maxxis reads this and knows they have completely lost a loyal customer. There are plenty of other manufactures out there and I am looking at them all. So long Maxis!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Feels like a basketball to me. Way too thin. SXSGuys told me he heard somewhere the OEM Carnivores are not the same as the ones you’d buy online. The OEM is thinner and softer.
Not sure if this is true or not but I have a friend with an x3 that runs the 32x14s..... He has cut 4 sidewalls on those. Just another reason to ditch Maxxis. Guess they should have stuck to the 2 wheeler and light 4 wheeler market instead of screwing the pooch!!!!! IMHO

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well Ive used Maxxis tires for years now and had nothing but great luck with them. But I will not be buying any more! I cut 2 sidewalls yesterday going up a hill Ive been on many times. 1 I was able to plug and get it to hold air but the rear has a 3 inch long cut from the beadlock out. I am very disappointed in these tires and the decision to put a 1 off size on this machine so they could sell more tires as we had problems. I hope someone form Maxxis reads this and knows they have completely lost a loyal customer. There are plenty of other manufactures out there and I am looking at them all. So long Maxis!!!!
Really is disappointing and good luck selling the old ones. Have listed them on multiple sites (no way to sell private on this forum) With no luck for four weeks. Hope I don’t have to trash them. Let us know what tire you go to

·
Registered
33 Posts
Really is disappointing and good luck selling the old ones. Have listed them on multiple sites (no way to sell private on this forum) With no luck for four weeks. Hope I don’t have to trash them. Let us know what tire you go to
Yes it is! I went with the 32" Sedona Rockabillys. Plan to keep the 2 Crapivours for emergency spares. About all they are good for.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm surprised the amount of tire issues when these are 8 ply tires from the factory.

Instead of stock 12/17 psi front/rear, I recently lowered mine to 9 and 13 psi. Need some trail time to see/feel the difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm surprised the amount of tire issues when these are 8 ply tires from the factory.

Instead of stock 12/17 psi front/rear, I recently lowered mine to 9 and 13 psi. Need some trail time to see/feel the difference.
I ran mine at 9/12 till this past weekend when I went to 12/15. 9/12 worked great for traction and handling but I bent 2 rims on the inside bead and pinched a chunk out of 1 tire, it still held air. Bent 1 bad enough it went flat. Tough rims though! Took a ball peen and 2 lb hammers and bent it right back with no problem.
At 12/15 I could tell a significant difference in traction especially during braking and cornering. I also noticed the difference in the suspension. Had more cross over slap in the rough stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you prefer the 12/15?
No. 9/12 was better all around except for the bent rims. If I had it to do over Id try somewhere in the middle. 12/15 just didnt put enough contact patch to the ground for good traction in the clay and sand conditions I ride in here.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I've been running 10 / 14 works well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes it is! I went with the 32" Sedona Rockabillys. Plan to keep the 2 Crapivours for emergency spares. About all they are good for.
If you haven’t installed yet take a look at their load rating. The Mongrel’s (I chose) are 300 pounds higher and there are several other competitors with similar specs that are great options in same price range. Just a thought

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you haven’t installed yet take a look at their load rating. The Mongrel’s (I chose) are 300 pounds higher and there are several other competitors with similar specs that are great options in same price range. Just a thought
Thanks Benn I looked at those. If these dont work out I may try those next.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts