Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 2020 with around 900 miles on it and noticed gear oil coming out of rear seals when I went to remove rear axle to replace seals couldn’t get them out ! I actually pulled cv joint and boot apart I was pushing in and pulling out. I put machine back together and took to dealer and they can’t get them out Kawasaki is saying they’re corroded ! my question is has anyone else here experienced this problem? The machine is definitely ridden but it’s not beat ! I keep it clean and I don’t burry in swamps or lakes

·
Registered
253 Posts
ive got a 2020 with around 900 miles on it and noticed gear oil coming out of rear seals when I went to remove rear axle to replace seals couldn’t get them out ! I actually pulled cv joint and boot apart I was pushing in and pulling out. I put machine back together and took to dealer and they can’t get them out Kawasaki is saying they’re corroded ! my question is has anyone else here experienced this problem? The machine is definitely ridden but it’s not beat ! I keep it clean and I don’t burry in swamps or lakes
That’s interesting,a lot of people had then fall out on their own.I would think the circlip is hung up to the side.going to have to find a way to apply equal pressure between the axle and trans housing and give it a sharp bang.that or take the inner cv joint back out and get a slide hammer w expandable inner jaws and catch the inner lip and give a sharp bang.realize this may break the sale housing.but u have to do something.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ever been in salt water? Even just ridden through it?
I used to work in a dealership in the Phx area, we could always tell if a quad was on the beach in Mexico....

·
Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
43 Posts
How can the axles get corroded when they are in gear oil inside of the transmission?:unsure:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cups that the shafts sit in are dry… there is no oil in there.
Yes that is what the dealership said and they told me that they’re rusted in there , you would think that the factory would put anti seize or some other type of grease on the splines of axle to prevent this from happening

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can the axles get corroded when they are in gear oil inside of the transmission?:unsure:
The splines are dry there is no access for the oil to get to them apparently this is becoming an issue for Kawasaki from what I’m being told

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also my warranty says they’re not covering the repairs due to corrosion!!!!! Compass power sports they said read warranty failu do to corrosion is not covered, unless you take the axles out once a month how do you know that it’s corroding! I would of thought the oil from differential would be soaking them , I never buy extended warranties be they’re a rip off always telling you it’s not covered but I figured a 1st model year machine I better get it to cover my ass but I should of used the money I spent on the useless warranty and put it towards the repair cost now

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,263 Posts
There are tons of posts over on FB regarding stuck axels. Not sure what the fix is.

·
Registered
2020 krx1000
30 Posts
I went through the same thing. There’s a clip in the tranny That moves out of place which locks the rear axles in permanently. My dealer had to cut the axle shafts to remove the tranny then opened up the tranny just to remove them. This was done because there was a problem with my one-way bearing. My dealer here in Canada had everything put through under warranty. I know my dealer did get Kawasaki involved on the repair as they could not figure out how to remove the shafts at first. If your dealer is claiming corrosion I would make sure they prove it to you.

·
Built For Battle
149 Posts
Yep...happens all the time. Especially with stock axles because they don't use anti seize from the factory. And yes....it suuuuucks to get them out sometimes. Slide hammer is your best bet. You have to pull perfectly straight. Clamps, ratchet strap, and a BFH work out on the trail. There are a million YouTube videos on the subject. Make sure to put some anti seize on the splines of the new axle you are putting in there. I can't remember for sure on the KRX, but some RZR's have an open spool back there, so you can pull the other axle and pop it out from the other side on the RZR. Maybe the same with the KRX, but not sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined the forum today because of this post. I live and ride in Tennessee.
I have a 2020 KRX and ordered Rhino 2.0’s front and rear. Rear axles were back ordered and came in a month later. I took it to my dealer to have them do the install. I got a call from the dealer two days later telling me they can’t get OEM’s out ?
long story short…. Dealer tried to lube , heat, beat, and pull even using 10lb. Slide hammers. Nothing would move the axles. They broke the left rear axle trying to get it out. Kawasaki got VERY INVOLVED and had the dealer cut the right axle, break the casing to get the trans and motor out of my ride.
I spoke with customer relations at Kawasaki and was assured that Kawasaki would take care of me. They had my KRX for 8 weeks. Some of the parts were on back order for another 6 weeks. Kawasaki intervenes had the parts I needed pulled off the production line, overnighted the delivery to my dealer and got my new casing assembled using the internal parts from the one they had to break to remove the OEM axles.
they installed the Rhino 2.0’s, did a full service on the KRX and gave me two brand new OEM axles in the box at no charge to use as spares. Kawasaki paid for a K glow light bar, bracket , wiring harness and the labor to install the light bar Because of the issue. Kawasaki also paid 100% of the cost for parts and labor at the dealership.
I had almost a zero balance at the dealership. So even though I had to deal with 8 weeks without my KRX my dealer (Battlecreek Powersports in Jasper Tn) and Kawasaki made a very unpleasant experience pleasant.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,478 Posts
It's good to hear that Kawasaki stepped up and took care of you. Not many will do that.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Would it be a good idea to pop the axles out on my brand new machine and put anti seize on the axle so I won't have this problem in the future?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are tons of posts over on FB regarding stuck axels. Not sure what the fix is.
I joined the forum today because of this post. I live and ride in Tennessee.
I have a 2020 KRX and ordered Rhino 2.0’s front and rear. Rear axles were back ordered and came in a month later. I took it to my dealer to have them do the install. I got a call from the dealer two days later telling me they can’t get OEM’s out ?
long story short…. Dealer tried to lube , heat, beat, and pull even using 10lb. Slide hammers. Nothing would move the axles. They broke the left rear axle trying to get it out. Kawasaki got VERY INVOLVED and had the dealer cut the right axle, break the casing to get the trans and motor out of my ride.
I spoke with customer relations at Kawasaki and was assured that Kawasaki would take care of me. They had my KRX for 8 weeks. Some of the parts were on back order for another 6 weeks. Kawasaki intervenes had the parts I needed pulled off the production line, overnighted the delivery to my dealer and got my new casing assembled using the internal parts from the one they had to break to remove the OEM axles.
they installed the Rhino 2.0’s, did a full service on the KRX and gave me two brand new OEM axles in the box at no charge to use as spares. Kawasaki paid for a K glow light bar, bracket , wiring harness and the labor to install the light bar Because of the issue. Kawasaki also paid 100% of the cost for parts and labor at the dealership.
I had almost a zero balance at the dealership. So even though I had to deal with 8 weeks without my KRX my dealer (Battlecreek Powersports in Jasper Tn) and Kawasaki made a very unpleasant experience pleasant. View attachment 3898
kawasaki is involved with mine now also apparently this is becoming a big issue

1 - 20 of 38 Posts