Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from Arkansas. Bought the KRX a few months ago. Has been an awesome machine but I have a camber issue on the passenger front side. It leans a full half inch in. Took it to the dealer, they took measurements and photos and contacted Kawasaki. Thier response was it is in spec. Any suggestions ?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,561 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Nobody seems to know why the passenger front has more camber than the drivers side, but every one of them is the same. The camber is built in for a reason, and nothing to worry about. After a while, you won't notice it anymore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know why most of the people in this thread can't grasp the idea of Camber being worse on the passenger side! We all know about the Shock Therapy video and understand why negative camber is a good thing, BUT IT SHOULD BE EQUAL ON BOTH SIDES! This is not a Nascar unit only turning left!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,561 Posts
I don't know why most of the people in this thread can't grasp the idea of Camber being worse on the passenger side! We all know about the Shock Therapy video and understand why negative camber is a good thing, BUT IT SHOULD BE EQUAL ON BOTH SIDES! This is not a Nascar unit only turning left!
If you read post #4 above, you will see that yes, I do acknowledge that the passenger side has more camber than the drivers side. What I don't know is why people make such a big deal about it. It really doesn't hurt a thing, so who cares?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you read post #4 above, you will see that yes, I do acknowledge that the passenger side has more camber than the drivers side. What I don't know is why people make such a big deal about it. I really doesn't hurt a thing, so who cares?
The tire on that side is going to wear badly on the inside, worse the the drivers side tire. It's a loss of traction, it changes cornering from one direction to the other. There is no excuse for this at all, it is not normal and looks like it's hit a stump!

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,290 Posts
The tire on that side is going to wear badly on the inside, worse the the drivers side tire. It's a loss of traction, it changes cornering from one direction to the other. There is no excuse for this at all, it is not normal and looks like it's hit a stump!
Take a measuring tape to both upper and lower control arms on both sides, then compare the two. If you find something is off, bring it to the dealers attention.

My machine has pretty much equal negative camber on both sides, so maybe something is off on yours. Also, make sure to rotate your tires front to back every few hundred miles. (More often if you do a lot of pavement riding)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,561 Posts
Do you drive a lot of paved roads? If not, you will never see any difference in wear. I would also bet you would never be able to feel any change of handling or cornering. These aren't race cars running around a paved track. If you are running the proper tire pressure, you will see you have a full contact patch under all four tires. Ride it and forget it, or there's always Canam and Polaris...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts