Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm going to install a fan with a rocker switch in the back firewall behind passenger seat soon.

I also have put on full exhaust so things have changed.

But yea beer and duct tape for sure.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased the seal kit thinking it would seal up and cover the exposed fuel cell, hoses, and stop items from falling in.. it came after the rock sliders were installed and will say... I took off the passenger side to install the rubber mat and it wasn't worth the time to do so.. just tuck it in for what good it does. The driver side you need access to the battery so just tuck the sides under the kick panel. As for the door seals could only get two of the short push on seals to actually work.. this seal kit is junk..a complete after thought! How they are allowed to even sell a side by side in the US with an exposed fuel cell and fuel hoses sticking up next to and under the seat is unbelievable..
I installed some laminate flooring underlayment under the seat then put the rubber over it seams to work... I'm still working on a solution and trying different things and will post up what I came up with but open to any suggestions..

·
Registered
211 Posts
I purchased the seal kit thinking it would seal up and cover the exposed fuel cell, hoses, and stop items from falling in.. it came after the rock sliders were installed and will say... I took off the passenger side to install the rubber mat and it wasn't worth the time to do so.. just tuck it in for what good it does. The driver side you need access to the battery so just tuck the sides under the kick panel. As for the door seals could only get two of the short push on seals to actually work.. this seal kit is junk..a complete after thought! How they are allowed to even sell a side by side in the US with an exposed fuel cell and fuel hoses sticking up next to and under the seat is unbelievable..
I installed some laminate flooring underlayment under the seat then put the rubber over it seams to work... I'm still working on a solution and trying different things and will post up what I came up with but open to any suggestions..
Good info

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd like to call it what it is.
I imagined they used a basic poly tank.
But if they used and actual fuel cell, that would be pretty awesome.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
144 Posts
call it a fuel tank if you like
Speaking of fuel tank how much fuel have y’all been able to pump in there? I remember seeing on the spec sheet that the tank was 10.6 gallons. I’m lucky if I can get 5 to fit in there.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Gas gauge reads inaccurately due to how it's designed flat and across vehicle. Therefore it shows most time empty to 1/4 when it's half full etc..

On one tank I have gotten 120 miles or so, so that's a good read. And some left in tank. I'm sure it holds close to 10. If you park uphill to spout surely you get most amount in tank, like most vehicles.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
144 Posts
Gas gauge reads inaccurately due to how it's designed flat and across vehicle. Therefore it shows most time empty to 1/4 when it's half full etc..

On one tank I have gotten 120 miles or so, so that's a good read. And some left in tank. I'm sure it holds close to 10. If you park uphill to spout surely you get most amount in tank, like most vehicles.

Hope this helps.
That makes sense, I did notice the fuel gauge doesn’t go down very much at half to 1/4 tank levels. Seems like it was lasting longer than when full and 3/4. This helps tons thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes. I just looked again on kawis site. It does show 10.6 gallon capacity. Yesterday I filled up and fit about 5. What are your experiences?
I was reading this thread the other day

When I saw your comment, I thought I was in that thread and thought maybe you were being funny.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tons of info on web/forums with fuel gauge issue..

It's manageable... It's a great machine..

No drag racer, but where it lacks power, on the trail it handles so going good, no one can keep up. The suspension eats the trail up, where others have to work for it...

In the KRX I'm like the dude in Talladega nights, drinking hot tea reading a book, listening to opera and saying wicky vobby;

21 - 35 of 35 Posts