Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
7 Posts
I installed it in mine, I would say that it is better than before, but its definitely not a cure. I had to get creative with some of the RV/Boat spray foam to cut down on the dust even more. I still have dust rolling in at times, but not as bad as it was without the seal kit and foam.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I installed it in mine, I would say that it is better than before, but its definitely not a cure. I had to get creative with some of the RV/Boat spray foam to cut down on the dust even more. I still have dust rolling in at times, but not as bad as it was without the seal kit and foam.
So basically...

U fixed it enough, that you now don't think it's on fire?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was going to buy the seal kit just to stop back draft..
I believe if you have a back window, and full front, it causes a back draft inside the cab.

But from what I heard on forums it doesn't help it enough.

Have u seen the install can seal video...lots of work, especially if you have already installed the need bars, which are tuff in their selves,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have the kit. Just wondering if it helped.
I was just going to the creek by my house on a sunday afternoon. The road turned to gravel and then dust storm from hell. We need rain!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm confused.
It's an off road buggy.
Aside from a fully enclosed cabin like a regular auto, how could you possibly seal the cab and keep dust from coming in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was going to buy the seal kit just to stop back draft..
I believe if you have a back window, and full front, it causes a back draft inside the cab.

But from what I heard on forums it doesn't help it enough.

Have u seen the install can seal video...lots of work, especially if you have already installed the need bars, which are tuff in their selves,
Would you recommend going with or without a back window? I'm wanting to put a front window on with vents for air to pass through.

·
Registered
295 Posts
IMG_20200531_170345565_HDR.jpg IMG_20200505_073727655.jpg IMG_20200505_073645524.jpg

I live the back window, I bought the Kawasaki window and had it tinted.. bad azz ...
Front window as you can see in I e pix is vented like you are saying, however doesn't get enough air flow. I have bought (believe it or not) a fan that clips to handle in passenger side and it does a great job.

The half windshield during hot months works to as u can see.

So to answer your question. Back window is awesome. But still with vented window still don't get air movement, especially at trail speeds

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That full windshield is sharp.
Also really like the rear LEDs tucked under the roof.
Quick, unrelated question:
Does that hood scoop channel down and divert air to/through the center console?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts