Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 38 of 57 Posts

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
LOL. I hear ya, but we'll be the guys laughing and pointing fingers at the next beer break when you're standing there with your man card and drop it due to frostbitten fingers. Oh, and a numb tooshie. 馃榿
Nah, just have to dress for the conditions. I can honestly say I've never gotten cold while out riding, and there have been some cold rides.

Registered
I'm blessed with a good shop and excellent tech, who has done a dozen installs of factory heaters, WITH the wiper motor in the way too.

it's not worth my time, as someone else has figured out the way to do things right, and have me fumbling with plumbing?

have you watched the install video of it? Even they optomistically state its 3 hours long to install, they make it look easy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'm blessed with a good shop and excellent tech, who has done a dozen installs of factory heaters, WITH the wiper motor in the way too.

it's not worth my time, as someone else has figured out the way to do things right, and have me fumbling with plumbing?

have you watched the install video of it? Even they optomistically state its 3 hours long to install, they make it look easy.

watched the video many times but according to info I found on here the video is wrong

Registered
2021 KRX Blue
One of my riding buddies bought a 2020 green KRX with a lot of accessories including Kawasaki wiper and the heater kit. I鈥檝e never seen the heater kit.

I鈥檝e had it in my shop since last Wednesday doing street legal, rock lights, front and rear lights. And he has door speakers and Bluetooth stereo to go in it.

Wow that heater kit takes up a lot of space! I can bet it鈥檚 a bitch to install. Looks well designed. Keep us posted on that.

Oh - almost forgot to say. I found a bunch of missing push pins. The wires to the buss bar under the dash were all loose. Lots of wires not secured with zip ties. Definitely crappy workmanship on whoever did the install!!

Registered
The Kawi factory kit is real nice that you can select where to send the air through a 6 vent system; 2 on the floor, 2 face blowing fronts, and 2 dashboard defrost vents. You get spoiled with warm feet., and a CLEAR not fogged up window. Heater Blower motor is a fairly high draw too, 8-10-12 amps

Registered
2021 KRX Blue
it would be awesome if somebody could get a pic of the fittings under the access panel that has the factory heater
Heading to the shop now. I think you mean the panel on the passenger side left footwell. That鈥檚 where I spotted the plumbing. I鈥檒l do my best.

21 - 38 of 57 Posts