Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a brake pedal extender? Only luck I've had while searching online is for Can-am and nothing else.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is it?
It's a thing that either reposition the brake pedal farther left or makes the brake pedal much longer to the left side.

When left foot braking, the KRX's brake pedal is waaaay off to the right side so you almost have to sit sideways to get your left foot on the brake pedal. With an extender, it makes it much more comfortable. Your feet are in a much better position, like you're naturally sitting in a chair.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,117 Posts
Ahhh, thanks for the info. I wish the pedals were farther apart myself. Keep us posted if you find anything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Will do. I know one guy on here had fabbed his own. I recently emailed warranty killers to see if they'd offer anything for the KRX. If you want to see a real bada** setup, go check out their brake relo kit for other, less reliable brands lol.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,117 Posts
I just checked them out. That kit is cool. That would be real good on the KRX!! Hopefully they’ll make one.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Well that wouldn't be hard to just build one on your own. Just a piece of steel with four holes in it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My first prototype was mounted on top of the pedal, making it too high. I used 2 peices 1/4" × 1" flat bar for support and used old piece of replacement rocker panel for pad.
Notice the top is cut back to allow full travel. Also you don't want enough room for your foot to get caught between the pedal and the dead pedal...that could be bad.
20201123_173655.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Exactly.

We need better brakes period.
At least for me, I've never exceeded what the brakes are willing to deliver without the tire losing traction anyways. Granted, I'm just out of break-in. Same was true of rally cars for me - only need enough braking to warrant pulling the ABS fuse lol. That being said, I haven't been consistently hard on the brakes like I would be under full race conditions, so no idea on fade, etc. Cruising around the local trails, I don't even use the brakes all that much if I'm honest. I'd be inclined to think a set of hard lines and some frequently changed DOT 5 would do nicely on this rig if an upgrade was warranted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Brute Performance....Yes the ergos are poor! The brake pedal travel is unbelievable, until you try to push the skinny pedal, then you need a foot extension. Everything is dumbed down for the rental market.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts