Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just took my KRX in for the 600 mile service and was told the brake pads are completely worn out. Anyone else had this issue? Seems crazy fast to wear pads in only 600 miles. Dealership wants $900 to change all 4, which again, is crazy for just pads. Just curious if anyone has had premature wear on their pads as well?

Also, My CVT has never gotten over 1 bar, regardless of how I ride, anyone else had that issue as well?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm well over 600. My pads still look good and I drive like a maniac. Personally, I'd change the pads myself and save a bunch of money. They are pretty straight forward and easy to DIY.

If you want to see another bar or 2 on the belt gauge then you gotta wring it out more. I average 1-2 bars.

Nice AR, BTW.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Highest bar temp I have seen is 3. It was a 100 degree day and we rode like 12 miles on the road at 55mph +

Other than that it usually stays at 1, rarely it goes to 2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm well over 600. My pads still look good and I drive like a maniac. Personally, I'd change the pads myself and save a bunch of money. They are pretty straight forward and easy to DIY.

If you want to see another bar or 2 on the belt gauge then you gotta wring it out more. I average 1-2 bars.

Nice AR, BTW.
Well that's good to know. I do plan on doing pads myself, I've done them many times on a car/truck, I'm sure I can figure it out. Yea, when they told me they were worn out I was a little surprised simply because 600 miles seems more premature than a boy touching boobs for his first time.

Thats crazy that the cvt temp barely changes. I've run it for 10-15 min in high barreling up hill on a trail I should have been in low for, and still 1 bar. I'm gonna take it next weekend and really beat it up and see if I can get a rise out if her ;-).

And ty! That was in my service days.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well that's good to know. I do plan on doing pads myself, I've done them many times on a car/truck, I'm sure I can figure it out. Yea, when they told me they were worn out I was a little surprised simply because 600 miles seems more premature than a boy touching boobs for his first time.

Thats crazy that the cvt temp barely changes. I've run it for 10-15 min in high barreling up hill on a trail I should have been in low for, and still 1 bar. I'm gonna take it next weekend and really beat it up and see if I can get a rise out if her ;-).

And ty! That was in my service days.
I believe the way Kawasaki designed the clutch is superior to all others. The way it cools itself is spot on.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
549 Posts
So get this. Kawasaki sells their pads PER side. That’s not only dumb but the pricing is just as big of a fail. $115 per side. Who created that scam tactic? Not even my luxury vehicles brake pads cost that much.

In other news save yourself the money and buy the tusk pads. Much thicker brake bad for longer life and only $40.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the tip.. will keep an eye on pads. As for the belt temp was on a very long grade over 100 deg with 3 other rigs. rzr t, x3, and a rs1.. the rs1 and my krx went to the top with out overheating and I showed 3 bars on the belt gauge. I only check it when I think the belt would be getting warm.. usually at 2 bars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So get this. Kawasaki sells their pads PER side. That’s not only dumb but the pricing is just as big of a fail. $115 per side. Who created that scam tactic? Not even my luxury vehicles brake pads cost that much.

In other news save yourself the money and buy the tusk pads. Much thicker brake bad for longer life and only $40.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for those. Right now it seems nobody has any pads in stock

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll definitely keep an eye out for those. Right now it seems nobody has any pads in stock
Just bought some from Brute Perfomance. Super nice people. They have the front DP aftermarket in stock and OEM for the rear. She said in a few weeks they will also have aftermarket for the rear. Set for the front was $79 and that's both sides! They drive a KRX so they test everything out before selling it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts