Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
I could use some general knowledge of how to install my receiver and amp on my krx.
Loaded question. Need to know

What brand and model of amp
What brand and model bluetooth receiver is it a radio also?
Where do you want to install? Roof, console dash?
Speakers aren’t mentioned. Would need to know what you’re going with. Sound bar, 6.5’s 6x9’s?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JL Audio 6 in cone speakers and JL Audio receiver. My amp is on back order so I bought a cheap pyle 2 channel amp. Receiver is mounted in dash plate and I'm going to put the amp behind the dash

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
FWIW,
I installed my SSV works amp/Bluetooth receiver behind my dash, bolted to the side of the glove box.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
JL Audio 6 in cone speakers and JL Audio receiver. My amp is on back order so I bought a cheap pyle 2 channel amp. Receiver is mounted in dash plate and I'm going to put the amp behind the dash
Everything is straight forward as the power bar is there. You will have to run a power wire for your amp.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ve never seen the need for a stereo in a OHV, but if you have one keep them turned way down around other people / towns / other riders, etc., we just got back from Moab and the locals there are trying to keep side by sides out of town now, not because of engine noise but because of loud stereos, which sucks because Moab tries to appease everyone as they like the tourist revenue, save some money and buy a set of earbuds, save the loud stereo for the sand dunes as it’s a different crowd all together.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
I’ve never seen the need for a stereo in a OHV, but if you have one keep them turned way down around other people / towns / other riders, etc., we just got back from Moab and the locals there are trying to keep side by sides out of town now, not because of engine noise but because of loud stereos, which sucks because Moab tries to appease everyone as they like the tourist revenue, save some money and buy a set of earbuds, save the loud stereo for the sand dunes as it’s a different crowd all together.
I didn't either. Until I started driving more pavement highway. It's nice being able to listen to something other than the engine @7500 rpm for 15 miles. I'm not the guy who sits around on the trail blasting music at full volume, usually at a scenic place where people are trying to enjoy nature. I do however enjoy my music when appropriate, no earbuds for me🖕

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
I think it just depends what type of riding you do. I do it for the adrenaline and fun. Music adds to the excitement. If I wanted to relax, go slow and trail ride I wouldn’t want music either.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
I understand both sides. My Wolverine X2 has the NOAM system with the subwoofer and I love it. It friggin jams.

I decided the KRX was too loud for tunes & also didn’t want to invest another $600+. Someone else posted here about over ear Bluetooth headphones that also provide hearing protection. They’re called WorkTunes from 3M. I tried them and absolutely LOVE THEM. I use them on the lawnmower, when weed eating, when blowing leaves, and every time on the trail in the KRX. But I’m solo riding 95% of the time.

I totally get the need for a great stereo system in the KRX. We do a lot of road riding in WV and I’d be impatient without music.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.