Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a KRX but a quick look around this forum I see a bunch of blown engine threads and comments. I know the internet has a tendency to show the bad more then the good but should i stay away from the KRX?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Not sure where you are seeing a "bunch"? I have only heard of a couple over many different social media sources.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am interest but the distance is problematic. If you don’t sell in time who knows! Thx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep, you can easily talk yourself out of anything with a couple of scares, but you'll be in great company with an excellent machine. No one has really followed up on those posts which is disappointing. The good news about those, though, is they're full warranty, and they happened right away which does lend credence to Bob's theory.

In fact, Bob had second thoughts back in November on a different forum. Said he was gonna wait since it was a new machine/design.

What did he do, you ask?

He waited 30 days and bought one anyway!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep, you can easily talk yourself out of anything with a couple of scares, but you'll be in great company with an excellent machine. No one has really followed up on those posts which is disappointing. The good news about those, though, is they're full warranty, and they happened right away which does lend credence to Bob's theory.

In fact, Bob had second thoughts back in November on a different forum. Said he was gonna wait since it was a new machine/design.

What did he do, you ask?

You make a good point Thumper, about the warranty. I’ve probably seen more or at least as many comments about Kawasaki standing by thier machines and making them right, as I have of people having catastrophic failure. In other words, you have an issue, it’ll likely get corrected.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts

What did he do, you ask?

I'm not sure I even waited a full 30 days... :ROFLMAO:
They have had a few issues pop up, which is to be expected with a brand new machine, but Kawasaki has been quick to react to them and not leaving owners hanging out to dry. They will in fact step in when your dealer balks about something, and will set them straight. Unheard of with most other brands, whose canned response is typically, "we've never heard of that issue before..."
If it were not for the China virus putting the brakes on everything, I would bet everyone with the bad knuckle/steering stop design would already be fixed up with the new design parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also said i would wait until they had been around a while and got one within a couple of weeks. Mine even being one of the first made (september 2019) and it has only given me the seat belt sensor issue. Love it over all. Would not have anything else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine blew at 188 miles, followed break in procedure, head gasket leaked on my vacation, long ride 176 coolant temp engine bogged down and shut off, engine shot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts