Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to update everyone on the blown engine issue I am still dealing with. After a month The dealer and Kawasaki agreed to warranty my engine, but would only agree to rebuild it! They claim they currently do not have any new engines and do not know when they will get any? They also went on to say all of the parts needed to rebuild my 200 mile engine are all on back order for at least two more months! This purchase was the biggest mistake ever and I cant wait to get it back so I can "hopefully" sell it and get something from a real company that has real customer support.

·
Registered
66 Posts
that sux..... that being said, i can believe two things:
1) it's almost impossible to get a whole new engine out of any manufacturer, whether its a car/truck or sxs... there usually has to be significant unrepairable catastrophic damage to several internally lubricated components to get a complete new engine- and even then the manufacturer i work for makes you order it as: Cylinder heads (bare), valves, valve springs, oil pump, engine block, etc. etc. etc......and then assemble it. they almost never have a complete shortblock as a replacement, let alone a complete drop in long block; one job i did a few years ago where a customer ran over something and punched a hole in the oil pan which led to the engine self desructing, the repair bill was in excess of $18k for a replacement of the engine on a vehicle that had a new price tag of $30k....
2)i can believe the backlog, as many manufacturers are having a backlog on inventory, my buddy wants a x3- they told him a 4+ month backlog. sometimes it's easier to underpromise and miraculously get a new engine after 2-3 weeks than it is to over-promise and then have to walk back and keep re-promising- which still might happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
one thing you might do is the following:
ask them (and stay cool and be as mellow as possible cuz that'll get you farther when dealing with them) when they get it apart ask to see what happened and how the cylinders/engine block looks bare/ after tear down; look for any scarring of the cylinder walls that you can catch a finger nail on. ask them to give you a report of the diagnosis of what caused the failure this low on hours/mileage. you might not be able to keep any of the damaged parts, as Kawi might call for those back for warranty reasons. make sure they fully document on the repair order what happened in detail, not just "customer states engine died, rebuilt engine per kawasaki",

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Just tell them to swap machines. They can wait on their own dime. Or make them give the payments or reimburse you for the down time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just tell them to swap machines. They can wait on their own dime. Or make them give the payments or reimburse you for the down time.
this ^^^^^ might be another option, but may depend on your particular states "lemon law"..... because if they swap you out it's still considered a buy back.... our state law says if your out of the vehicle for more than 30 days or there are more than 3 repair attempts for the same complaint.....don't know if this applies to Side by Sides though....worth a try though

·
Registered
15 Posts
go ahead and get a polaris. youll have loads of fun when polaris is backlogged twice as far. i wouldnt go blaming kawasaki for bad support. COVID screwed everything and everything is back ordered. the more common the product the more back ordered it is. my dynojet clutch kit is backorderd, my turbo was backordered, i sell ag equipment and its all backordered. If i sell a $600,000 farm tractor the customer wont get it delivered to him till 2023. everything and everyone is dealing with this right now. some other brand may blow smoke and say they arent having these problems but they are. sorry for the bad luck you had but you arent going to get better support elsewhere either buddy

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
591 Posts
Add this in from topic above

my buddy ordered a Yamaha Rmax LE in January. Paid for...

was set to show June 1st

he still waits.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lemon law that sob. And get a fresh one. There are a bunch of lawyers that do that. They don’t charge you, they add their fee to the settlement from the vehicle manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts