Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
[Brake Systems And Upgrade Selection | Brakes-shop.com

I put this link up in the past, It has great technical info on the "mechanics" (laws of physics stuff) on brake systems. I read this very quickly to get the basics. You need more friction, increase pressure is one way but you run into "physical" limitations relating to the weight of the vehicle(force)/speed etc. and surface area of the pads (you could put your hydraulic press on it and it will not stop). You cannot overcome the angular momentum unless you make the Disc a larger diameter (like using a longer lever) or increase the surface area, you increase friction(or both). Polaris did what was needed.......

That's why, I did nothing with the used MC I bought. Damaged MC ones need replaced. I think you'll get a little out of it, but not where you want to be.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,461 Posts
Brakes in a way are truly universal it’s usually the mounting brackets that are different. Just like in the automotive world, you can install CTS V brakes on a Silverado if you wanted.

I suspect it’s similar with UTVs, if you canfind someone that will fabricate or mold the bracket needed you can install whatever you like.

If I ever did a brake upgrade I’d probably go with wilwood. They make a light weight high performance kit. Mostly used in drift and 1/4 mile cars.

May be overkill butnothing wrong with too much brakes.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
161 Posts
Does anyone know if we'd have to upsize the rims or will they fit behind the factory rims?
I’m running this setup on mine. The Rzr calipers actually have more clearance then the factory ones between the wheels. I am happy with this so far, but I do think the master cylinder needs upgraded

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the big brakes. Didn't see much of a difference but a master cylinder change should help a bunch. Brute has a setup and getting parts together for it. I modded several stock mc's with no help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts