Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I last road my KRX about a week ago, today I fired her up to take a rip in the snow, it runs fine but when I hit the gas nothing! Don't smell any burning rubber or anything like that. It also would not go into 4 wheel drive either. it has 327 km on it. Any thoughts? I will take it to m y shop on Tuesday as it is closed tomorrow. M

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are a couple of posts on rzrfourms that point towards the belt or throttle cable getting disconnected from the throttle body. Doss the gas pedal feel normal when pressed?

Not sure about the 4wd. How can you tell without power? Does the diff lock not light up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies for not being clear. It has throttle response but no go. it shows it is in4 wheel drive on the dash but wheels are not spinning. it will max out about 5km per hour

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to admit, I haven't picked up my own KRX yet so I'm kinda shooting in the dark.

You have limited movement, but acting de-tuned...

Seatbelt limiter?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also a sensor on the parking break. Maybe something logged in the Mechanism not letting it completely disengage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
figured it out, water had made its way into the belt housing and due to our cold weather it had frozen not allowing for the clutch to fully engage. quick fix! happy birthday to me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
figured it out, water had made its way into the belt housing and due to our cold weather it had frozen not allowing for the clutch to fully engage. quick fix! happy birthday to me!
Wow, nice discovery! Had you taken it into the shop it would have melted and nobody would have known. 🎂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts