Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are u guys getting out of the drive belts? I have alittle over 3000 miles on mine so far n the belt still looks good. I clean the belt housing n pulleys out every 500 miles. I am sure that helps but so far I am impressed how many miles I am getting on my belt with this heavy beast. I have 32'' tires on

·
Registered
243 Posts
Non-turbo cars aren't all that hard on belts. Visual "belt inspections" are kind of worthless when it comes to CVTs though. They all look great before they puke. Change based on mileage/usage and I would agree that 3K mi is probably pushing your luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I been hearing of great belt life out these KRX's. I would count my blessings at 3k though and change it out to be safe.
I was thinking about it but it looks really good. I do carry one with me just to make sure. I take it off every 500 miles to measure the width with my belt measuring v gauge that l had when l owned my wildcat years n years ago very very little wear width wise n the rest of the belt no cracks or anything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wet clutch machines should get much better belt life than the ones that use the belt as the clutch. Suspension and clutching are KRX strong points, not power.

Reactions: TripleB

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
557 Posts
There’s a guy here that has over 5000 miles on the factory stock belt. Still looks great with minimal wear and stretch. He’s still running it lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great to hear, My Can Am before buying my KRX had spares in the ride with the tools to change on the trail way to often.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There’s a guy here that has over 5000 miles on the factory stock belt. Still looks great with minimal wear and stretch. He’s still running it lol
I also have a polaris rs1 n I have alittle over 6000 miles on the factory belt it came with when brand new. And I run the rs1 pretty dang hard.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It should last a long time.

I don't change them on any of my SXS's as a preventative measure. I just keep a spare and replace when they blow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts