Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Bead breakers

Tags
bead tire tool
4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Snoking 
#1 ·
Looking at bead breakers to do my tires. What are y'all using?

#3 ·
Another forum member here shared this a few weeks back. When I’m ready to buy a bead breaker, I’ll buy one of these. Watch their video showing it in action.

Reactions: TripleB
#16 ·
I've had the Beadbuster XB-454 Pro for over 2 years and probably busted at least 50 UTV beads with it. I did break the 2 little feet off about a month ago and they mailed me a new one, 3 year warranty. Going to tig the feet back on the broke one and give it to a friend. Outside of that it has been a great tool. Also, it's not a bad idea to pack a tube. Buddy smoked a rock on his brand new Rockabillys. After about 15 plugs we gave up and threw the tube in. Rode for several more days with no problem. They are cheap and easy to store.

#18 ·
Farmers Hi Lift jack, work great. Once I got it going down, I back the jack off and pushed the base in and jacked again. Both came off without jacking in at adjacent spot. I left the bead ring on in this step and put a short 2x6 under the rim. This tipped the rim up a bit where I was jacking.

Used the bucket trick to get the old tire off and new one on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.