Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read through the battery topic in the owner's manual and didn't see anything that would inhibit me from using a battery tender on the KRX during the winter. I've used BatteryMinderPlus units on other winter stored machinery for years without issue. They work with several different kinds of batteries and I don't see why one wouldn't work with the KRX. Your experience, thoughts and opinions on this topic are welcome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just read through the battery topic in the owner's manual and didn't see anything that would inhibit me from using a battery tender on the KRX during the winter. I've used BatteryMinderPlus units on other winter stored machinery for years without issue. They work with several different kinds of batteries and I don't see why one wouldn't work with the KRX. Your experience, thoughts and opinions on this topic are welcome.
I use one when I’m not driving mine. It will make your battery last a lot longer.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
466 Posts
I use one daily. Hook it up to a timer and run it an hour or two a day

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
Huh, guess I'm the odd one out here. I never use a battery tender of any sort on any of my things. My atv will sit for months at a time and fire right up on the rare occasion that I start it. No battery tender and 10% ethanol gas in it.... ;)

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Post from another forum. It describes plugging a battery tender into a 12v power port using one of these:

Does anyone do it this way? I've always used the ring connector pigtail to the battery.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
284 Posts
It will work as long as the socket is always hot, not keyed.

I have one setup, works great.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It will work as long as the socket is always hot, not keyed.
Good point. Mine are all keyed, not gonna work. Will stick with battery cables.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.