Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my dad is a good ol guy who lets just say collects things etc. :rolleyes: He recently gave me a "battery charger" that plugs into the cigarette lighter power outlet on the dash of the KRX and then plugs into the wall to trickle charge the battery.....do these work or will I jack my electrical system and/or battery?

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
444 Posts
So, my dad is a good ol guy who lets just say collects things etc. :rolleyes: He recently gave me a "battery charger" that plugs into the cigarette lighter power outlet on the dash of the KRX and then plugs into the wall to trickle charge the battery.....do these work or will I jack my electrical system and/or battery?
I wouldn’t use that personally. I’m unfamiliar with the power socket of the KRX and if it’s designed to take charge instead of emitting it. I have mine on a trickle charger, it’s easy and safe, remove the seat, then the rubber covers over the battery, connect the leads to power and ground and plug into the wall. All of my trickle chargers are CTEK.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome....thank you Speedy....totally makes sense what you said there. I will look into getting one of those. Not much riding right now with a ton of white stuff on the ground. Appreciate the reply. Cheers!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It would work fine if the power outlet was always hot. I believe the KRX lighter is keyed so the circuit is dead on these with the key off.

I also use the CTEK chargers but I have a CTEK port mounted in the center console. I use the same port to power heated winter riding gear.

It's got a pretty bright led battery indictor in it so you don't wanted mounted in your line of sight.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
444 Posts
It would work fine if the power outlet was always hot. I believe the KRX lighter is keyed so the circuit is dead on these with the key off.

I also use the CTEK chargers but I have a CTEK port mounted in the center console. I use the same port to power heated winter riding gear.

It's got a pretty bright led battery indictor in it so you don't wanted mounted in your line of sight.
This is pretty cool. I dig it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts