Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riders - Installed the Kawi stereo and saw talks of a rear view camera which would be great (due to its fat ass) but nothing further. Anyone found a solution? Buddy has a RZR that came with the option and he loves it verses a mirror to see folks behind him while riding

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't find the video where it says it's possible anymore. I wonder if it isn't actually an option. It's a big reason I want to buy the sound system

·
Registered
894 Posts
here is a wireless backup camera and screen options for cheap.

this one even has night vision.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't find the video where it says it's possible anymore. I wonder if it isn't actually an option. It's a big reason I want to buy the sound system
Agreed big reason for me as well and was hoping for a ruggedly designed unit easily adaptable to vehicle. That ass end is just too damn big to see anything over

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a wireless backup camera and screen options for cheap.

this one even has night vision.

Appreciate the research just disappointed. Last thing I want is another light source in the cab at night so had hoped the option of stereo integration would be my answer👊🏽

·
Registered
894 Posts
Maybe mount the screen on the bottom side of the center top glove box? screen is hidden till you flip the lid open......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brilliant concept that I need to try. Hopefully dimensions of screen fit in box then find a way to keep lid upright and wiring which should fit beside existing USB plug. This just might work👊🏽

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just looked at the wiring harness and it shows a video input. Any ideas on what will work fir this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just looked at the wiring harness and it shows a video input. Any ideas on what will work fir this?
Canera integration was definitely part of the original head unit design and show in promos but they never followed through. Shouldn’t be a hard obstacle to overcome due input being there but question why they didn’t continue the concept (ie did they have problems once going into full development). I have not tried the obvious options to experiment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts