Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our KRX 1000 added a mbrp muffle and new muffler gasket and and did reflash,and we are still have backfire when deceleration. Does anyone know what the problem could be????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Who did your tune ? I drilled out my cat and a tune I’m also having backfire issues. Mine also appears to be running lean looking at the inside of the tail pipe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We didn't find a fix...we ended up putting the stock muffler back on,although we have been checking with friends and shops to see if anyone has found a fix,thus far nothing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I asked the Dyno jet guys about this back fire condition that many complain about after re tuning there ecu.. has to do with the ecu in a closed loop at lower rpm and didn't indicate much could be done about it.. I went with the HMF and dynojet and have no back fire issues..

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Have a trinity slip on same issues, trinity sent tune a bit better but still there, stock back on because no performance added just noise, at times on trails too much noise.
My bud has the full Trinity stage 5 and also their tune and pv3 sold through them. He still gets some backfiring. I think people will never get fully rid of it. But without tune it's terrible. Tex, stainless or black? Sell it... maybe even to me, though I want the full stage 5.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have the trinity stage 5 in black. I like it when the big girl talks dirty to me. :love:
My friend's big girl was talkin' to me a good distance away. No way you'd hear a factory KRX from that far. Up close and/or following him it doesn't seem all that loud and obtrusive, but last weekend whilst waiting for them at the trail I could hear them coming from a long way off. Surprised me, actually. Still, not crazy loud like some other brands...

·
Registered
499 Posts
My bud has the full Trinity stage 5 and also their tune and pv3 sold through them. He still gets some backfiring. I think people will never get fully rid of it. But without tune it's terrible. Tex, stainless or black? Sell it... maybe even to me, though I want the full stage 5.
Black but I still slip it on in the dunes little noise never hurts there. 😆

·
Registered
499 Posts
You probably already figured I'm cheap and you'd have to sell it for $250 before I'd buy. You'd rather throw it in the trash before selling to my tight ass.
Ha I'd sell it but we have Little Sahara Dunes about 5 hrs away and a weekend trip, 20 minutes and it's on and sounding good for the Dunes. Stage 5 sounds good in the dunes. (y) (y)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts