Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deos anyone have a problem with the bluetooth on the Tyrex KRX 1000? after few minutes working - it starts to go creazy and impossible to listen to the phone playlist

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Deos anyone have a problem with the bluetooth on the Tyrex KRX 1000? after few minutes working - it starts to go creazy and impossible to listen to the phone playlist
Please use the search function. There are plenty of threads going over this.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The radio has lots of known issues, take it to your dealer for replacement. Welcome to the forums, good to see international ownership! KRX World Domination!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine works if i move the phone farther away from the deck .. Dealer changed my sub .now gonna change my deck (head). .. Works good if phone is n left pocket or behind seat.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
296 Posts
The factory sound system got a bad rep right off the get go because they had lots of failures, my whole system got replaced at the dealer. An I was not very happy that it failed withing a week of purchasing it. But kawi stood behind it 100% an there was no run around about it. Now it did take a little time for them to send the parts to fix it, but that seems to be the normal with EVERYTHING now. Back when I bought mine the whole sound system was one part #. They have since changed that an separated the amp/ head unit where it can be shipped separately. So hopefully that makes things a little faster on the availability. I have had 0 issues since. And I agree, it does have quality sound an for having just two 6.5" door speakers an a subwoofer I can hear it when riding no problem. I know they make 2 more pod speakers that are plug an play but I've never felt the need to purchase to them. (And there pricey imo) Is there louder systems out there? I'm sure there is, but I like the factory look an mine being a SE I didn't have to install it lol. And once u make some adjustments to the equilizer that makes a world of difference. I've personally never had any issues with the Bluetooth like mentioned above.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
The factory sound system got a bad rep right off the get go because they had lots of failures, my whole system got replaced at the dealer. An I was not very happy that it failed withing a week of purchasing it. But kawi stood behind it 100% an there was no run around about it. Now it did take a little time for them to send the parts to fix it, but that seems to be the normal with EVERYTHING now. Back when I bought mine the whole sound system was one part #. They have since changed that an separated the amp/ head unit where it can be shipped separately. So hopefully that makes things a little faster on the availability. I have had 0 issues since. And I agree, it does have quality sound an for having just two 6.5" door speakers an a subwoofer I can hear it when riding no problem. I know they make 2 more pod speakers that are plug an play but I've never felt the need to purchase to them. (And there pricey imo) Is there louder systems out there? I'm sure there is, but I like the factory look an mine being a SE I didn't have to install it lol. And once u make some adjustments to the equilizer that makes a world of difference. I've personally never had any issues with the Bluetooth like mentioned above.
I’ve been in the sound game since the 90’s and back then hifonics was a cheap brand. Just like planet audio, or Pyle. Not sure if their quality is any better now a days. I built my own and now I’m in it for around $350 bucks due to a few upgrades I’ve done. I’ll put it up against the factory system any day of the week. It was labor intensive to install and make the sub box. But It’s installed exactly how I wanted it. Clearly at first sight you can tell it’s not factory, but it is a clean install.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,256 Posts
I’ve been in the sound game since the 90’s and back then hifonics was a cheap brand.
Same here. I did car audio for 15 years before moving into commercial A/V. Back then HiFonics was the brand you bought at a flea market, or one of those “electronic blowout weekend” at the civic center.
I used to love it when guys would show up with a 2ft long amp with 4 X 500rms, bragging that it only cost them a $100 bucks, only for me to open up the amp and it was empty except for a little tiny chip amp in the corner!! 🤣🤣 Ahhh, good times.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Same here. I did car audio for 15 years before moving into commercial A/V. Back then HiFonics was the brand you bought at a flea market, or one of those “electronic blowout weekend” at the civic center.
I used to love it when guys would show up with a 2ft long amp with 4 X 500rms, bragging that it only cost them a $100 bucks, only for me to open up the amp and it was empty except for a little tiny chip amp in the corner!! 🤣🤣 Ahhh, good times.
Bob this is awesome that you were in the audio business, there’s actually a YouTube channel called Williston audio labs. He tests just about every amp on the market and sees it’s true RMS. Check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts