Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mirror came from RMATV and fits 1" to 2.5" tubes. On the KRX, the front cross tube is 1.5", so you'll have to trim 1" off the rubber strips on the clamps. Otherwise the rubber strips will bunch up when you crank down the clamps. The mount is made of resin and should last a long time. Both the bar clamps and mirror clamp tightened down to where the unit does not vibrate at all. It does not interfere with the premium roof and I doubt it will interfere with a windshield when the time comes. Mirror is slightly convex but alot of them are. I like that I could mount it high leaving a clear field of vision out the front. It easily clears the Contico box in the back but a spare tire mounted above the box would block the view. It's a great all around product at a reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
I run the same rear view mirror. Love it. It has never moved or come loose over 900+ miles of riding. It does not interfere at all with the roof or windshield. I have mine rotated all the way down to help see under the spare tire.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
I didn't do a rear view mirror because that's where my tablet is mounted. But after I put a legal tag on mine and started road riding with cars it became apparent the side view mirrors are absolutely useless unless in a turn where you can then see behind you. So I started shopping for a rear view mirror. I looked at everything out there and kept coming back to the
ATV Tek (UTVMIRCTR) Stable Clearview UTV Center Mirror
I received mine last week and installed it. I like everything about it, have found nothing to complain about. How often can you say that?
1. Fits with factory glass windshield. Extremely low profile, doesn't intrude into the cabin but at the same time is perfectly positioned for optimum rear view.

2. Not very wide so it doesn't impact my 10" Samsung tablet in a RAM mount. I simply moved my tablet over an inch and everything fits.

3. I also have fans in the center and this mirror works with both the fans and the tablet.

4. View is crystal clear. It's slightly convex but not annoying.

5. The mount is rock solid. Hate to make this #5 in the list but honestly if the others hadn't worked out there'd be no point in how good the mount is.

Highly recommended!

Oh, I'm a big Seizmik fan. I have a Seizmik Halo R mirror on the Wolverine X2. I tried to use it on the KRX as they are the same bar size. I never could get the mirror adjusted properly. It would be perfect without a windshield where it could go forward and then down. I kept trying to make it work but never could. When trying, the ball mount wore out and came apart. I contacted Seizmik and they immediately sent a replacement Halo R arm. So kudos to Seizmik and I'll put that one back on the X2.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Not the same as the object of this thread but I wanted one of these and the fore would fit better with the clamping system with my roof and windshield. But haven't committed yet. Mainly because I don't want tinted glass or glass with a blue hue. If I want to shade the reflection then I'll don a pair of sunglasses. Especially for night rides. There's always one thing that ruins what would otherwise be a perfect product.

I have this cheapie $15 mirror that the dealer put on along with a license plate holder worth $25 and slapped a damn "$500 worth street legal kit" bullshit but I needed a sxs replacement and needed it quick. It was an e$ so I took it up the ass and am now in the process of shoving more object up the same orifice and spending more money to replace it.

The cheapie existing center rear view sucks so bad as it sits and resonates along with the vibration of the motor/exhaust. I always have to hold it at a stop to check behind me. I want something quality with 2 clamps to hold it firm and steady. The factory Kawasaki center mirror is nice but I don't care for the cheesy battery operated dim light. I want something in a similar shape but with a light that's substantial. The 2 I listed above come close save for that crap tinted glass....

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
Our top bar is 1.5” so those two won’t work.

I bought rock lights. I put six blue as rock lights on a switch that feeds the whips. I put a blue and a white inside as dome lights on separate switches.

I can see the attraction of having lights on the mirror.

Reactions: Bizill

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Our top bar is 1.5” so those two won’t work.

I bought rock lights. I put six blue as rock lights on a switch that feeds the whips. I put a blue and a white inside as dome lights on separate switches.

I can see the attraction of having lights on the mirror.
Paul, you just saved me some aggravation. I didn't think about the crossbar being smaller than 1.75". ASSumed it was full size. Okay, thanks, off to shopping again...

Had the SSV 6 speaker overhead mounted on the roof with a built-in light that was a Godsend. I had the stereo and whips/rock lights on their own switch so I could power them without the key on and my dual battery setup. Dome light worked when needed without fumbling for keys in the dark. Sure, someone could hit the switch and drain your battery just to mess with you but that never did happen as people know I like revenge.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
466 Posts
I also installed the ATV-TEK rear view mirror and it seems to be a well thought out piece. It fit well with my EMP roof, and UTVZILLA windshield, with manual wiper. It has nice adjustability and doesn’t vibrate.

Reactions: BobX2 and Paul65
1 - 10 of 10 Posts