Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting in an order today with Shock Therapy for the dual rate spring kit and saw that they also carry the adjustable sway bar link kits. Anyone use them? Would it be a good upgrade? Front and back?

Here is a link to the sway bar link kits:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Just take the front sway bar off and you will be good to go. The rear bar has good flex yet still provides cornering stability. Removing the front bar is one of the best mods you can make to your KRX and it is absolutely FREE! Took my front bar off as soon as I got it home from the dealer and it will never go back on. If you want to do some extreme rock crawling it's easy to do a temporary disconnect of the rear bar and get even more incredible flex. (and no, you do not need limit straps if you disconnect the sway bars)
Couple of old pictures with my front bar off and the rear bar on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just take the front sway bar off and you will be good to go. The rear bar has good flex yet still provides cornering stability. Removing the front bar is one of the best mods you can make to your KRX and it is absolutely FREE! Took my front bar off as soon as I got it home from the dealer and it will never go back on. If you want to do some extreme rock crawling it's easy to do a temporary disconnect of the rear bar and get even more incredible flex. (and no, you do not need limit straps if you disconnect the sway bars)
Couple of old pictures with my front bar off and the rear bar on.

View attachment 5947

View attachment 5948
How does removing the front sway bar help?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
It allows the front suspension to be fully independent and helps keep all four tires on the ground in uneven terrain. It also smooths out the ride on rough trails. In the pictures above, I would be on three wheels if the bar was hooked up, leaning over one way or the other.
Here is another example. You can see how level my KRX is sitting. All four tires are on the ground. If the bar was hooked up, it would be leaning way over on the passenger side.

That is a pretty big rock even though the KRX makes it look small.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had both my front sway bar links break in half and put the ST sway bar links on it depends on the type of terrain and speed that you ride here in the SW we ride some really fast roads and also in Baja with the front sway bar unhooked the pucker factor goes way up and any super curve paved roads you will wish you had it on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had both my front sway bar links break in half and put the ST sway bar links on it depends on the type of terrain and speed that you ride here in the SW we ride some really fast roads and also in Baja with the front sway bar unhooked the pucker factor goes way up and any super curve paved roads you will wish you had it on.
Well i am in the pandhandle of Florida so mostly mudholes and flat trails. Gonna upgrade the sway bar links and probably test with and without on the front sway bar.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
176 Posts
I wonder why it is adjustable? Aren't the front and rear links the same?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts