Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
2020 KRX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if it would be worth running some type of fuel system cleaner when filling up?
If so, any recommendations?

Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
Was wondering if it would be worth running some type of fuel system cleaner when filling up?
If so, any recommendations?
FWIW I run Techron in my vehicles every 10k miles. Have not tried on the KRX though 馃

Registered
2021 KRX Blue
I do on my old 鈥87 F150, Lucas product. (Also the Lucas ethanol fuel treatment in every fill up.) Never did a fuel treatment on any of my fuel injected off road machines. Wouldn鈥檛 hurt. I鈥檇 like to hear more on this subject thanks for starting the thread. I can already hear both sides.

Premium Member
2020 KRX
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do on my old 鈥87 F150, Lucas product. (Also the Lucas ethanol fuel treatment in every fill up.) Never did a fuel treatment on any of my fuel injected off road machines. Wouldn鈥檛 hurt. I鈥檇 like to hear more on this subject thanks for starting the thread. I can already hear both sides.
That鈥檚 what I鈥檇 like to know as well. Hopefully someone that has will chime in.

Registered
I've been running non ethanol premium for quite a few years in all my non automotive engines and had zero fuel system issues. My grand kids atcs have sat over a year and a half and both started second pull last weekend. Same with water pumps, generators etc. Mostly all honda based. LOL, I have a Honda generator with almost 3000 hours on it and the original plug still looks brand new.
Before the switch, to non etoh it was constant issues with fuel systems even with additives.
The extra cost has been worth it to me.

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
I don't suppose it would hurt anything. I really haven't used it in anything, including my generator or lawnmower, and they sit for 4-5 months every winter with 10% ethanol fuel in them. The damned lawn mower starts on the first or second pull every spring so then I have to mow the lawn... 87 octane in every gas engine I currently own. Choices here are 85, 87 and 91.

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
There is a station right next to my office with non-ethanol. It's either 85 or 87 and they have it priced the same as premium.

Registered
2021 Blue KRX

Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
I鈥檒l dump a bottle of Techron in my machine just for fun, I鈥檓 sure it won鈥檛 hurt anything. Might take me a while to burn it all but will report back with any differences or improvements.

Registered
Mineral spirits +naphtha gas (Coleman fuel)+iso alcohol =seafoam additive
Dash tranny fluid for lube.
Cleaner, octane booster and water control

Registered
2021 KRX Blue
Dash tranny fluid?

Registered
Best thing you can do is run it hard, long stretches of wide open up hill. Don't spend money on fuel cleaners at the parts house. Look at the ingredients, you'll find for most of them are "petroleum distillates" which is similar to Kerosene. Run 8-12 oz on a full tank and you'll be further ahead than paying $8 for it on the shelf.

Registered
Best thing you can do is run it hard, long stretches of wide open up hill. Don't spend money on fuel cleaners at the parts house. Look at the ingredients, you'll find for most of them are "petroleum distillates" which is similar to Kerosene. Run 8-12 oz on a full tank and you'll be further ahead than paying $8 for it on the shelf.
Easy to do.. Check the "CAS" numbers....

The key really is "Let It Eat"!!!!!!

Registered
If we didn't have 02 sensors, we could run 110 Low Lead avgas. No ethanol, stays fresh for a long time, high lubricity.

Registered
I run this in everything we have with a motor. Including our KRX.

Registered
In my extensive experience with diesel fuel additives (I sometimes go through a bunch of diesel in the winter), research has indicated that the EPA keeps a very tight rein on what additive sellers can mix up. I found they were pretty much all the same stuff. Guessing gas additives are similarly regulated. That doesn't mean they don't help, but price shopping might be in order as the more expensive brands are selling on advertising copy.

Registered
I have never run anything else in my krx ......I all ways run None ethanol in my krx from day one and it runs good........but i was told when i bout it to run nothing but that in it .........sometimes i will put a bottle of high octane 脳10 in red bottle in it and that really makes it run really good boosts it big time......
It will not hurt it ........it will burn any water that is in your tank ........ these tanks wet and it gets a little water in them so by burning bottle of high octane in it truns water in to gas and were it will burn it out .... ...

Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
In my extensive experience with diesel fuel additives (I sometimes go through a bunch of diesel in the winter), research has indicated that the EPA keeps a very tight rein on what additive sellers can mix up. I found they were pretty much all the same stuff. Guessing gas additives are similarly regulated. That doesn't mean they don't help, but price shopping might be in order as the more expensive brands are selling on advertising copy.
The only diesel one I鈥檓 aware of is the BG additive. I鈥檝e seen this clean out carbon from intake manifolds and valves and regen the DPF significantly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts