Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking forward to going this year with the KRX. Before I was only able to sit in hammertown and watch the big screen.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never taken an off road vehicle to Cali. Do I need to buy any special permits? It's street legal in Az

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've never taken an off road vehicle to Cali. Do I need to buy any special permits? It's street legal in Az
This. My stupid rich best friend from highschool wants me to hangout this winter at his mansion in Temecula (I kind of blew him off last month on an invite to hang out at his CO springs place) so thinking it might be cool to drag the KRX out there and visit some old riding areas.......probably a felony offense tho, or have to sacrifice a Virgin to GAIA to get the proper papers in order to visit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cant drive any UTV on the streets in California. You can only ride in designated off highway vehicle areas. Dont need any special paperwork. Here and there they might check registration but not a common thing. Basically just state and federal parks is where you can ride.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Cant drive any UTV on the streets in California. You can only ride in designated off highway vehicle areas. Dont need any special paperwork. Here and there they might check registration but not a common thing. Basically just state and federal parks is where you can ride.
Do you know if a CA off road (used to be green) sticker is needed?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy Springs, RCOR Weights, Cagewrx Cage, 32" Rock-a-Billys
77 Posts
I had to get a California "Green Sticker" for for my crawler when I went in 2012, not sure if anything has changed since then. They had BLM cops out there that would write you a ticket without one.

I had been planning on going out there again last year but the covid prototcol seemed like a huge PITA. Hopefully this year will be better, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I had to get a California "Green Sticker" for for my crawler when I went in 2012, not sure if anything has changed since then. They had BLM cops out there that would write you a ticket without one.

I had been planning on going out there again last year but the covid prototcol seemed like a huge PITA. Hopefully this year will be better, but I doubt it.
Thanks for the info.

I'm really kinda not wanting to go but really owe my friend a visit. Awesome monster mansion to stay at for free, and no COVID rules at his house, but just hanging out gets old real fast with me.. Taking the KRX would make it bearable and he likes to ride along with me, just like I like to ride along in his pretty bad ass Cessna Turbo 210.

Probably hit the hi desert and Ocotillo area if we go. Trying to talk my friend into buying a KRX which would cost way less than the Garmin glass cockpit he just put into his plane. If he left it at his co springs place I would definitely go over there and ride during the summer.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Forgot about the helmet requirement. 😕 Mrs. Remote ain't a helmet person.....even at -20 on a sled not happening. 🙄

·
Registered
2021KRX 1000
22 Posts
I had my intro to the KRX at KOH a few yrs ago. I did a demo ride and fell in love.

We missed last yr because of COVID. The team I pit for in 4600 class couldn’t afford to make the 3k mile journey from the east coast and get turned away because someone popped positive on their on site COVID test.

I miss it.

Did a big trip already to Sand Hollow recently with my crawler so unfortunately no KOH for us this year.

Its a great time. We heard about the stickers you needed to buy, but because we were with a team, we had KOH permits I believe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts