Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an eS and after reading on here most people are seeing top speeds of 67 mph on stock rims and tires. We thought that there was some rpms left and a lot of pedal left when we were at 67 mph momentarily before we had to get out of it. Just being curious if anyone is seeing an “increased” rev limit and higher speeds on newer build dates or models like the eS? Or if we were at the limit and it just doesn’t feel like a traditional limiter? Thanks RN

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way to change it, is with a tune.
Thanks for the response. I was asking if the factory had raised the rev limit on the later models. Or the eS version we have. I’m just being curious as I won’t be able to put it to the wood (25 mph in my county as orv) until maybe a couple more weeks when I can make it street legal. Won’t be out to the ORV for another couple of weeks so this is my only resource until then. Thank RN

·
Registered
67 Posts
Man, I don't know.....these KRXs rev to the moon already. I'm afraid mine will blow up (figuratively speaking) much beyond 55 mph as it is. I really think Kawi missed the mark with the clutching on this thing. That's where I'd be looking if you want higher top speed.
My stock RZR 900 Trail on 27" tires (1" larger than stock) holds 5000 rpm @ 25 mph on level road. My KRX is at 5500 rpm @ 20 mph, on 32" tires on the same stretch of pavement.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
77 Posts
Snap shot of the rev limits on the stock tune. 1 and 2 represent the cylinders. Enable is where the rev limiter cuts in and Disable is where the rev limiter cuts off. Graph is RPM x 1000.
RevLimit.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts