Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating this and whether they benefit or not. I have small cuts in my rear rims from tiny rocks. Not quite sure yet if the cause is the mud scrappers or the trailing arm guards as it seems tight in that area as well.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
484 Posts
I'm on the fence on this topic. Damaging a wheel sucks, but tearing up a caliper would suck worse. Mine are still on, and I see no signs of damage that could have been caused by running them. Until I see something in there, I will leave mine on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't noticed any issues at all. No rocks have gotten caught that I'm aware of. There is no heavy mud where I usually ride so they are probably a mute point for me anyway.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I haven't noticed any scarring on the inside of the wheels but I'm running rockblox and not sure if they do any good.. so yea I have pulled them on my mavericks and think its a double edge sword on the krx... small rocks may get trapped and if I take them out bigger rocks take out the caliper and wheel.. now one would think that one would hear a big assn rock stuck in their wheel .. right!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Of our group.. several of us had scars from rock wear. It’s a good idea in theory but I think it would have been a great idea if they were set on a 45* angle to help the rocks out vs them getting wedged and rubbing in place

·
Registered
265 Posts
Of our group.. several of us had scars from rock wear. It’s a good idea in theory but I think it would have been a great idea if they were set on a 45* angle to help the rocks out vs them getting wedged and rubbing in place
great idea.. was thinking if I just bend them a bit

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
411 Posts
Exactly. If they had designed them to push debris out of the wheel it would have been better.
A buddy of mine has them on his X3 and the inside of his drivers side wheel looked like a rock tumbler.
I guess it all depends on the terrain you ride in. Here in AZ no mud, but plenty of rocks, so off they went.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really looks like the trailing arm guards are another cause as well when I got in there last night. I think I can trim it. Need to further inspect.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts