Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what all is needed to run the factory back-up camera with the new eS model? and a front camera too? how do you toggle between them?

needed:
backup camera
extension cable run thru the tunnel
a new display, or is it incorporated into the dash instrument panel?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
I'm wondering what all is needed to run the factory back-up camera with the new eS model? and a front camera too? how do you toggle between them?

needed:
backup camera
Please search there are multiple posts on this covered topic. See below. @texdoc77 installed them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

needed:
backup camera
The cameras plug into pre-existing/installed harnesses (eS models only). The rear is on the driver's side right behind the taillight and the front is on the passenger's side behind the headlight. Both are covered in electrical tape. Just look for a little "bump" in the harness right against the main chassis frame. They shouldn't be too difficult to locate. Once they're installed, the system detects both and you use the two function buttons to both switch between each camera as well as to zoom each camera. I believe the "Select/Return" button toggles between front and rear, and the "Up/Down" button changes the zoom level. There are 3 or 4 different zoom levels on each camera. The camera's picture is displayed directly on the main TFT display under the "Camera" selection.

BE CAREFUL!!! if you cut the electrical tape covering the connectors. The two wires in the harness for those connectors are SUPER TINY. A halfway sharp knife WILL go right through those wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any generic camera will work. However, the TFT display doesn’t support AHD. It must be CVBS.
This is the wire connector you’re looking to locate. It is right next to the auxiliary power connectors under front passenger & driver rear fenders.

The brown wire is 12v +, black wire is 12v -, the green wire is camera video ground, blue wire is camera video signal.
The white sheathed wire in the picture is a temporary jump wire to camera to verify polarity.

The “select” button chooses the camera function (automatically available upon detection of camera after cycling of ignition switch). The “up” or “down” button chooses the camera and additional pushes selects zoom feature.

I have generic cameras from previous projects on front & rear.
The rear is on my license bracket and the front is right above grill opening.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get Click 6 retractable seat harnesses ASAP. they'll save your butt.!
I went the Simpson D3 route...the DG dust (crushed quartz) I ride in eats the plastic push buttons and internals. But yes...stock 3 point system does not inspire confidence in the event of an issue. Dynojet tune wakes up machine along with RCOR clutch weights. KM3's here now ( Carnivores wear very fast on local terrain) and Bandit springs tomorrow. I have race scales and machine is 2414 without driver or passenger. Stuff adds up fast. So take that into consideration when thinking about suspension and sag. Overall the active suspension rocks. I especially like taking corners sans body roll.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So for everyone who has asked if the springs on the eS will sag like the rest, here is your answer. Same springs, same sag.
Same fox springs as base model but silver by the looks of it...probably wouldn't have sagged if not for the 350 pounds of add ons to my machine. Springs are great with machine in base form. Who keeps it in base form? Kawi can't predict what each customer will add nor the weight of each occupant...it's the same with off road motorcycles...all come with springs for lightest possible rider. First thing on a new dirt bike is swap out springs. It comes with the territory. BTW..put your machine on a scale...I bet they are all around 2200-2400 pounds unless you run without tools and spares or cooler or passenger. They are heavy. Heavier than the stock springs are designed for other wise bare bones unit would ride like a buck board. Also, my machine is set up as a SAR Type 1 OHV so it has A LOT of stuff...A LOT!. Not making excuses it's just how off road vehicles are. You have to tune the suspension to conditions and vehicle weight.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think they made a great unit then said, how can we maximize the profit. No rubber shifter/brake covers? What engineer said that wasn't necessary over coolant lines or did the actuarial staff, say we can leave that off and save $.39 per unit (or much less). Model A has them. Do you think they did heat, sound and vibration analysis? Just get it on the showroom floor they'll consume it.
Let them fix it themselves and give higher level aftermarket shops a bone for helping develop the product. Look how everyone has to replace the suspension components on their x3. How many toe link supports should customers have to install until the manufacturer makes a change, all of them at 200 miles. They sale all they can produce. No need to fix and our partners do testing for us.
Simple poor quality steel and/or faster production practices. I never had to touch my bandits after installation.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
Same fox springs as base model but silver by the looks of it...probably wouldn't have sagged if not for the 350 pounds of add ons to my machine. Springs are great with machine in base form. Who keeps it in base form? Kawi can't predict what each customer will add nor the weight of each occupant...it's the same with off road motorcycles...all come with springs for lightest possible rider. First thing on a new dirt bike is swap out springs. It comes with the territory. BTW..put your machine on a scale...I bet they are all around 2200-2400 pounds unless you run without tools and spares or cooler or passenger. They are heavy. Heavier than the stock springs are designed for other wise bare bones unit would ride like a buck board. Also, my machine is set up as a SAR Type 1 OHV so it has A LOT of stuff...A LOT!. Not making excuses it's just how off road vehicles are. You have to tune the suspension to conditions and vehicle weight.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say they would have sagged even if you had added nothing to your machine. They all do. Mine did before I started adding weight to it, so it's not just that. They are just not made of good quality spring steel. Pretty much the same story on about every other atv/utv sold today. It all kind of goes back to if they made the perfect machine, nobody would be able to afford to buy it. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.