Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question is which would be better, My KRX is to frigging big to fit inside my race car trailer. It fit with the stock tires and now I have 34's it will not fit. My choices are:

1: Should I let the air out of the tires and just pump them back up everytime I unload it?
2: Should I use a ratchet strap to tie down the rear from the frame to the lower arm to collapse the suspension while towing? It would have to stay like this as if I took it loose the roof would hit the inside top of the trailer.
3: Get 35's they said, it would be fun they said......lol one problem after another. and only other choice is to change tires every time. Not happening.
what would you all suggest or has anyone ran into this problem and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's tough one there. My buddy use's ratchet straps to lower his pos Polaris. If the tires could be air down some and it would fit.... I'd go that route. Either works though. I would be careful with strap though. Another friend just pealed the roof off his canned ham commander. In a hurry and made a mistake.

·
Registered
84 Posts

The car in the middle is a 350R with factory carbon fiber wheels. Not a KRX, I know, but stick with me. I run CF wheels on track days, aluminum knock offs on the street. There is only about a two pound difference in weight, but the performance gain with CF wheels is noticeable. Think what you do to your KRX when you add 35's. It's an individual choice. look cool or go faster, but I've made my mind up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 34s but was told to get 35s. I went 34 because of the weight and it's probably closer to 33. But it will not go under the rear door spring. So I have to do something.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
571 Posts
Strap the rear end down and be done with it. Better yet, add a rear winch and winch it down when you load it

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
388 Posts
With my trailer situation, I have to make sure I have enough ramp angle.

If too flat I will hit the door opening.

After in, I have about 3" of clearance.

Btw, my removable driver door works great getting out and crawling around my front tire to exit the trailer.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
I don't know,. its my race car trailer I am using for duel duties. 28 foot v nose.
By chance do you have one of these?😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: BobX2 and RankRam

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
lol yes I am going to measure it when I ever get off work. I know before I had to pull down on the rear bumper to get it to go into the trailer and then it almost hits the roof.
One way or another you will get it sorted out (y)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wheeled with a RZR buddy that swapped stock tires onto the rear of his rig every time we went camping so the door would close on his toy hauler. Only took him like 5 minutes with the electric jack he had and cordless impact gun.
Turns out those stock spares saved his bacon one weekend when he ripped 2 rear tires to shreds on a trail. I rolled back to get them and he drove back in 2WD.
There is always a solution.............................RIGHT?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts