Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!

I'm maybe jumping the gun a little bit . . . Yesterday I ordered my new KRX. It will be assembled by the shop on Jan. 22 and, weather permitting, I'll pick it up on the 23rd. Blue, winch, heater, spare tire, towing cover. I'll add accessories as I go along and determine what I really need and want. By next fall I'll have some sort of enclosure, for sure--which is why I went ahead and go the heater. Also yesterday I picked up the new trailer to carry it so I'll be ready when the buggy is ready. :)

My current primary home is in Northern Idaho but we recently got a cabin outside Mtn. Home where I'll be spending most of my time as I get it fixed up for a permanent move in a couple years. I was there for about nine months in 2020. I'll be heading back down in March to start more construction as soon as the snow allows me to get both down and UP my driveway. In 2020 that was about March 15. So . . . I'm very interested in the KRX riders in SW Idaho! Looks like two recent new forum members from the area and I suspect there are more!

This is my first SxS but I've had a few ATVs and have a fair amount of trail experience on them. I'm looking forward to the comfort, capability, and camaraderie of driving the KRX. I'm a trail rider and explorer--not an adrenaline junky nor a racer nor any sort of "go fast" driver. The cabin is near Anderson Ranch Dam so going up to and thru the Trinities will be a priority this year--as will some explorations in the desert south of the Snake and in the Owyhees. I'm retired, have plenty of time, love getting out and about and away from pavement and am looking forward to weekly explorations with the new buggy! One primary reason for joining this Forum is to meet other people who like to explore the back ways of Idaho. (y)

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
409 Posts
I’m not from Idaho, but welcome to the forum. I’m sure some of you neighbors will chime in shortly.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
481 Posts
Hello and welcome. Sounds like you bought the right machine!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello and welcome. I'm in Boise and ride the Trinity area alot. My goal this next year over that way is to locate the Dismal Swamp. See you on the trail. They reopened the smoky bar road last year so now you can go over Dollarhide and have lunch in Glitter Gulch now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Caldwell and ride with a couple KRX owners, mostly the Owyhee's/Boise and Payette NF. If you're on Facebook I'd check out the Idaho Off-Road UTV/ATV Trails group and if you're interested, check out my youtube channel that has some KRX stuff as well (I'm a Turbo S owner). http://www.youtube.com/c/mccurdyoutdoors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Facebook won't let me reactivate my old account and won't let me create a new one--at least, not without requiring a copy of my driver's license for one and a photo for the other. Not gonna happen! But I still got in touch with, and joined, the Idaho UTV Club. Owyees and Boise/Payette NF are the places I want to ride! Perhaps we'll meet on the trails.

Thanks to All for getting back to me and the warm welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Facebook won't let me reactivate my old account and won't let me create a new one--at least, not without requiring a copy of my driver's license for one and a photo for the other. Not gonna happen! But I still got in touch with, and joined, the Idaho UTV Club. Owyees and Boise/Payette NF are the places I want to ride! Perhaps we'll meet on the trails.

Thanks to All for getting back to me and the warm welcome to the Forum!
I don't blame ya there, Facebook is crazy honestly.
Tons of great places to ride in SW Idaho. If you have any questions on where to go or specific trails feel free to send me a message. We ride year round, mostly weekdays to avoid the traffic (area is growing WAY too fast). See ya on the trails!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try to contact you once I get my machine and am back Down South. I plan to ride as much during the week as possible to avoid whatever crowds there may be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts