Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking on ebay, I found a guy fabbing up front aluminum a-arm guards.

bought a set.

thought I'd pass this along,

$150

stock oem units are msrp $170

·
Registered
2020 KRX
240 Posts
Aluminum is louder, transmits vibrations and almost seems to stick to the rocks. I prefer the UHMW all day long.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not planning on adding a full skid plate.............but maybe rear factory trailing arm guards at a later date.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
240 Posts
Those do look pretty decent for $140. Let us know how they hold up and compare to UHMW.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking on ebay, I found a guy fabbing up front aluminum a-arm guards.

bought a set.

thought I'd pass this along,

$150

stock oem units are msrp $170

Hey Rocky, just found this post. A-Arm guards are next on my list, how are those aluminum holding up? Or do you recommend another material?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
only beef, is the Z shape logo.............the engineer in me feels it weakens the leading edge and could bend back upon impact..............still, I like 'em. no rattles, easy install, quality thick alum = beast mode.

·
Registered
84 Posts
aa
only beef, is the Z shape logo.............the engineer in me feels it weakens the leading edge and could bend back upon impact..............still, I like 'em. no rattles, easy install, quality thick alum = beast mode.
I like those. They look just right to me. I understand you, I’m in year 20 working at a design/build engineering company! 🤪

·
Registered
84 Posts
What do you run Sandman? show us your carnage.
I have to pay for everything I have so I do my best to make it last. We don’t have much rock here in Louisiana, just a lot of dirt and mud. That thick aluminum would be just right and will likely be what I get. Should hold up fine to these conditions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I beat my UHMW arm guards pretty badly on just one 300 foot section of rocks at Windrock in TN. The factory steel floor pan bent up under my feet and that was with UHMW skid plates... I'm all about saving a buck here and there, but I hate buying things twice. If ya never see a rock, why bother at all, if you think you need them just spend the $10-20 difference and be done with it. One of my spotters couldn't believe the hits I took on my A arms and trailing arms. I just slid over the rocks in most cases. Dealer replaced my A arms ("recall") last week, said they still looked pristine.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,231 Posts
I used to run Ricochet aluminum plates under my atv's. Then I discovered the world of UHMW. I would never go back to aluminum, but they did do their job and there weren't many options for atv's 12 years ago. I live in the rocks, so full aftermarket protection is a must for me. The HMW Kawasaki a-arm guards don't impress me at all, but they are better than nothing until I can find a good UHMW replacement for them. Running the OEM HMW trailing arm protection as well. They mount flush on the surface, so I guess they will suffice for a while as well. I have the Tusk UHMW skid plates under the rest of my KRX. Very pleased with them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts