Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2021 KRX
Good stuff Bob, didn't see any Poughkeepsie pics though 馃槈
Really gonna miss Kendall Mt Trail and Handlebars Food and Saloon with the Silverton OHV ban.
Looks like you made it up Wager to Sherman, is it still for sale? You buyin?

Registered
2021 KRX
Let's see if I can remember the trails we rode. 190 miles all in. Doesn't sound like many miles but figure 8-10 mph max average on those trails and it's about 21 hours of drive time. (not including all the stops)

Alpine Loop
American Basin
Rd. 36 - Wager Gulch
Rd. 14X - A loop that comes out at Ski Hill
Rd. 14 - Nellie Creek
Rd. 21 - Hurricane Basin - to Golconda Boarding House
Rd. 9 - Picayune Gulch - started loop below Animas Forks and came back down Placer Gulch
That would be Carson, and yes it's still for sale. Didn't have my checkbook with me so it's still up for grabs... :)

We did also ride into Sherman since the turn was only a few hundred feet from our campground. Went clear to the end of the road to Cuba Gulch Trailhead about dusk searching for moose. No luck.

Didn't have time for Poughkeepsie this trip, and we weren't confident in the abilities of one of the couples. Gives me something to look forward to for the next trip down there.

My mistake, I meant Carson.
If you'd pick that up we could have a big KRX rendezvous there!

Registered
2021 KRX
Let's see if I can remember the trails we rode. 190 miles all in. Doesn't sound like many miles but figure 8-10 mph max average on those trails and it's about 21 hours of drive time. (not including all the stops)

Alpine Loop
American Basin
Rd. 36 - Wager Gulch
Rd. 14X - A loop that comes out at Ski Hill
Rd. 14 - Nellie Creek
Rd. 21 - Hurricane Basin - to Golconda Boarding House
Rd. 9 - Picayune Gulch - started loop below Animas Forks and came back down Placer Gulch
Sounds like you stayed pretty active to cover all that with some sightseeing mixed in.
Crowded?
A little early but any colors showing yet?

I used to take the right fork at the top of Wager to watch the sunrise, but they closed it.
Running that ridge road off Picayune is a favorite too, looked like one of your pictures was taken from there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts