Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good to know. I’ll be trying that then. I’ve never done this stuff before. So I’ll do the rears first, and then the fronts. If a guy wanted to adjust these after the initial set, could he compress the springs a little on the machine and then thread up or down? Instead of taking the fronts off again?
Not very easily

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Ok today is June 4 2021 and I started to install the tender springs by UTV & Side By Side Parts & Accessories from AllThingzUTV.com. The rears can be done while on the machine. I was able to do one of the fronts while on the machine but the problem is I'm not able to compress the spring enough to get the proper distance from top of shock to top of spring (only able to get 2.75"). I don't think this will give me the proper height. May have to pull the shock all together (if the front tender springs where just a couple of inches short..damn!).

I also added a silencer at the crossovers, I'm hopeful that the clunk will go away. I used the rubber gasket off of a "Super Tech ST2 Oil Filter" from Walmart for a cost of about $3 each (4 x $3 = $12, cheaper than the ones on eBay). Time will tell if this fixes the noise and how long they last.
You are better off just pulling the front shocks completely off the machine. It's easy to do, and much easier than trying to wrestle with the new springs with the shocks installed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You guys see how RCOR did their springs in their new tender spring YouTube video? They didn’t even use a spring compressor. And I’m wondering how the all thing utv tender springs are the same height front and back? But the RCOR tenders are short fronts. Maybe that’s why they didn’t need to compress. I have the all thingz tenders that I havnt installed yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You are better off just pulling the front shocks completely off the machine. It's easy to do, and much easier than trying to wrestle with the new springs with the shocks installed.
Yep.. fronts must be removed from the machine.. else one struggles

·
Registered
144 Posts
You guys see how RCOR did their springs in their new tender spring YouTube video? They didn’t even use a spring compressor. And I’m wondering how the all thing utv tender springs are the same height front and back? But the RCOR tenders are short fronts. Maybe that’s why they didn’t need to compress. I have the all thingz tenders that I havnt installed yet.
Mine were just shipped from RCOR. I wasn't aware there was a difference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe they left out that step (why I’m not sure). On the rears there is no way to get top rings set to 8” without using spanner wrench. Same goes for the fronts. Using spring compressors make it easier.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don’t forget to put cross over silencers on at least the fronts. Those at the ones that make the clunk sound. You can get off ebay for $25 or use oil filter gasket (nice tough square style). See my other post above for info

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe they left out that step (why I’m not sure). On the rears there is no way to get top rings set to 8” without using spanner wrench. Same goes for the fronts. Using spring compressors make it easier.
It can be done by hand with our springs. If the threads are properly lubed and clean, the whole assembly smoothly rotates to our specified preload setting. Another benefit of having the proper spring rate and close to stock spring measurements.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
RCOR contacted me last night for my shipping information. They put my springs in the mail right afterwards. Looking forward to seeing how they compare to the All Thingz springs.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Unfortunately I could not wait for the RCOR release of their springs. So I bought the all things utv set. I was down to just under 11" on the rear and just over 12" on the front. Every ride I was bottoming out and giving the trail armor skids a work out! @BobX2 let me know how they compare.
I'm 3.5" front and 8" down from shock body to lock ring. Didn't mess with the cross over rings from stock. Now I'm 16.5" front and 16" rear with 32" tires.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Unfortunately I could not wait for the RCOR release of their springs. So I bought the all things utv set. I was down to just under 11" on the rear and just over 12" on the front. Every ride I was bottoming out and giving the trail armor skids a work out! @BobX2 let me know how they compare.
I'm 3.5" front and 8" down from shock body to lock ring. Didn't mess with the cross over rings from stock. Now I'm 16.5" front and 16" rear with 32" tires.
I couldn't wait either, and also bought the all thingz springs. Now I can swap them out for the RCOR springs and do a comparison. Which ever one I think rides the best is what I will run long term. If whatever I decide on starts to sag out, I can swap back to the other set. Win/win.
The timing worked out well since I was about to take the shocks off anyway to make a final ride height adjustment. I will likely go just slightly higher than the numbers given in the RCOR install video, so if/when the new springs take their initial set I won't have to re-adjust them.
I will start a comparison thread eventually after I get time to do the swap over and then get some miles on them.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
I wish there was an exact point that everyone takes the rear height measurement from. The front is pretty consistent with people measuring at the a-arm mounting tab. It looked like RCOR took their measurement for the rear about under the axle. I've heard others taking it at the very rear corner of the frame. With the oddly tapered pan on the rear of the KRX, those two positions would give very different measurements on the same machine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wish there was an exact point that everyone takes the rear height measurement from. The front is pretty consistent with people measuring at the a-arm mounting tab. It looked like RCOR took their measurement for the rear about under the axle. I've heard others taking it at the very rear corner of the frame. With the oddly tapered pan on the rear of the KRX, those two positions would give very different measurements on the same machine.
I've always measure mine where the lowest point is at the rear which is right where the frame dovetails upwards. It never made sense to me to measure something that's curved up, at its highest point.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don’t forget to put cross over silencers on at least the fronts. Those at the ones that make the clunk sound. You can get off ebay for $25 or use oil filter gasket (nice tough square style). See my other post above for info
Thank you, I did order the silencers off eBay about a month ago, I just haven’t installed the springs yet. I’ll be curious what holds up better. The eBay or your oil filter gaskets.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you, I did order the silencers off eBay about a month ago, I just haven’t installed the springs yet. I’ll be curious what holds up better. The eBay or your oil filter gaskets.
Agreed. I did not want to wait for eBay ones so oil filter gaskets was a quick fix (I read somewhere else about the oil filter gaskets). I will say that so far the clunk noise has gone away.

Here's my numbers...

Rear... 7 5/8" = 15 clearance, 3 1/2" on crossovers, shocks set at 5 clicks
Front.. 3 3/4" = 14.5" clearance, 2" crossovers, 9 clicks

Will go out this weekend for a 100 mile ride.. time will tell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got mine on finally using about the same measurements, ended up at 15.5” both front and rear on stock tires, I’m pretty happy with the way they turned out, now if it was cool enough to go out and try them 😂

Attachments

161 - 180 of 184 Posts