Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
559 Posts
Install the compressors, and support it. All you need to do is get the weight off the springs to adjust. No need to remove anything.
you must be a wizard because I could not do the fronts without removing them. Rears no problem.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
Good to know. I’ll be trying that then. I’ve never done this stuff before. So I’ll do the rears first, and then the fronts. If a guy wanted to adjust these after the initial set, could he compress the springs a little on the machine and then thread up or down? Instead of taking the fronts off again?
The correct answer is no. You will have to take the fronts off to adjust them. To make life easier, put the spring compressors on before jacking up the machine and removing the shocks.

·
Registered
774 Posts
you REALLY have to compress the main spring on the front shocks. Un-thread the spring compressor to full full length, you're going to need every bit of it. I used a 1/2" air impact gun to run them down. see my measurements on page 1 of this thread.

1621343069543.png

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
Does anyone have a bunch of miles on these springs yet? Wondering how well they hold up after their initial set? Also curious how many miles it took for you to get that initial set? Hoping to get some decent riding in over the long Memorial Day weekend. It would be nice to pull the shocks afterward and set them to their final ride height and forget about them. Rears are no big deal since they can be adjust in place.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
300 Posts
Does anyone have a bunch of miles on these springs yet? Wondering how well they hold up after their initial set? Also curious how many miles it took for you to get that initial set? Hoping to get some decent riding in over the long Memorial Day weekend. It would be nice to pull the shocks afterward and set them to their final ride height and forget about them. Rears are no big deal since they can be adjust in place.
Have almost 300 miles on mine now with some pretty good rocky riding. The fronts have not settled at all and the rear settled 1/2". Will be installing my HMF bumper and axon winch this week. (Bumper got delayed by FedEx) Will measure again once installed.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
Good to hear. I believe 1/2" is the expected amount of sag, and shouldn't go any further if they are the high quality spring they are claimed to be.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
300 Posts
Money back guarantee if they do. That's one of the reason I didn't spend 800 bucks on the others. Wanted to give them a shot for just over 200. Plus have not heard one bad thing about the tender springs.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
I agree. Can't see spending all that to replace four springs that are perfectly fine. I figured that for the price, it was worth a shot. I still haven't seen any from RCOR, so I'm glad I decided to buy a set of these. I would still like to compare the two, but I'm losing faith that I will see the others.
I have not heard any complaints either, but don't know how many miles folks have been putting on them. It seems that they must be holding up well otherwise I would guess we would be hearing about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok today is June 4 2021 and I started to install the tender springs by UTV & Side By Side Parts & Accessories from AllThingzUTV.com. The rears can be done while on the machine. I was able to do one of the fronts while on the machine but the problem is I'm not able to compress the spring enough to get the proper distance from top of shock to top of spring (only able to get 2.75"). I don't think this will give me the proper height. May have to pull the shock all together (if the front tender springs where just a couple of inches short..damn!).

I also added a silencer at the crossovers, I'm hopeful that the clunk will go away. I used the rubber gasket off of a "Super Tech ST2 Oil Filter" from Walmart for a cost of about $3 each (4 x $3 = $12, cheaper than the ones on eBay). Time will tell if this fixes the noise and how long they last.

Rear, original on left, new on right

Front, original on left, new on right

Gasket from a SuperTech ST2 oil filter to quiet up the crossovers.

I'll post update as I get all installed and dialed in.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts