Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
101 - 120 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I know you measure the front from the front lower control arm at the back mount. Where did you measure at the rear? Lowest point at the rear where it dips down or at the very rear?
All things UTV’s instructions say you measure the front from the center under the front diff and the rear from under the bottom of the tow hook area if I’m not mistaken.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
I'm going Saturday into some rocky stuff. Will see how they settle in. I went 3" from the top in the front like instructions said. Working on the rear now. Will get a good measurement after Saturday.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I'm going Saturday into some rocky stuff. Will see how they settle in. I went 3" from the top in the front like instructions said. Working on the rear now. Will get a good measurement after Saturday.
I don’t know if you have as much weight on yours as I do or not but when I did 3” I only had 13” under the front diff. I didn’t fully understand their rear measurement instructions but I hear the instructions are ever evolving to be better. I think I went 8”from the top of threads to the lock ring. That gave me 14” rear.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Think it's going to be trial and error to get everything adjusted. I'm pretty much fully loaded until I get my bumper so install winch. I did buy the spanner wrenches from brute performance. Little easier I guess lol

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Think it's going to be trial and error to get everything adjusted. I'm pretty much fully loaded until I get my bumper so install winch. I did buy the spanner wrenches from brute performance. Little easier I guess lol
The rears are easy to fine tune and adjust. Unfortunately you have to remove the fronts to adjust them. A bit of a PITA.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Just glad the shocks are easy to remove unlike some other units. Got front and rear installed last night. Didn't drive it. Will take it out for a quick run tonight then measure where I'm at. Did 8" inches down to top of lock ring on rear. 3" front.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Just glad the shocks are easy to remove unlike some other units. Got front and rear installed last night. Didn't drive it. Will take it out for a quick run tonight then measure where I'm at. Did 8" inches down to top of lock ring on rear. 3" front.
I believe I did 3-1/2 on the front. Don't remember what I did on the rear. Both need a little more but I'm going to wait until they take their set. I measured to the top of spring, not top of lock ring, so we may be close on our settings.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
169 Posts
After about 140 miles on mine I re-adjusted an I'm at 4" down on the front an 8" down on the rear. That's with me an my ol lady inside an all my gear. And I'm about 16-1/4 front and 15-3/4 rear on tires that measure 33-1/2. That should be close to the 14-1/2" an 14" factory height if I were to put the stock tires back on.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
169 Posts
Let's just hope these springs are what all things utv says they are. I'm no expert but I hoping they have took a set an I'm done adjusting every 200 miles lol

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Let's just hope these springs are what all things utv says they are. I'm no expert but I hoping they have took a set an I'm done adjusting every 200 miles lol
That's the claim. Plenty of people running on them now, so it shouldn't be long before we know if they are truly a quality spring. Let's hope so. I don't think Right Coast Off Road has released theirs yet. Not sure if they are ever going to. They have been "coming any time now" for a couple of months.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
169 Posts
That's the claim. Plenty of people running on them now, so it shouldn't be long before we know if they are truly a quality spring. Let's hope so. I don't think Right Coast Off Road has released theirs yet. Not sure if they are ever going to. They have been "coming any time now" for a couple of months.
Yeah I heard that too.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
61 Posts
I have about 200 miles on mine. Had to do one reset. I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
61 Posts
The rears are easy to fine tune and adjust. Unfortunately you have to remove the fronts to adjust them. A bit of a PITA.
What I have done is, first jack up the front, to take the load off, remove the hood, then tap the top retaining ring loose. That will allow you to grab the springs and turn up or down to set preload. Spray some WD40 on the threads and it turns real easy.

Reactions: snuffnwhiskey

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
What I have done is, first jack up the front, to take the load off, remove the hood, then tap the top retaining ring loose. That will allow you to grab the springs and turn up or down to set preload. Spray some WD40 on the threads and it turns real easy.
With my large paws I cannot get to the top ring on the front. Actually tried that last night but no angle of the fadangle 😂

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
61 Posts
Take the hood off to get the top ring loose. After that, twist from the lower spring.

101 - 120 of 184 Posts