Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
That’s a great point.im tryin to get some 35s that I’m confident w ,not having much luck buying lightwe 35s.
LOL 35" and light weight just don't go hand in hand. I would question the durability and tire construction of any 35" tire that weighed less than 50ish lbs. +/-

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought the tenders from all things utv. Installed them the other day. I been reading through this thread an either I'm missing something or my math is wrong. I run 35" mrt's. Which only measure 33 5/8 on the buggy. Ok on stock carnivores ride height is supposed to be 14.5. if u add half the gain of my new tire it comes to around 1 5/8". Add that back to the 14.5 gives you 16 1/8 ride height. I guess my question is why people are running more ride height than I am and there on stock tires, am I doing something wrong? Is there a benefit of having your CV axles at that much more of an angle? My thoughts an goal was keeping the angle of my CV the same as factory gaining ground clearance by tire size an fixing the sag problem.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
I bought the tenders from all things utv. Installed them the other day. I been reading through this thread an either I'm missing something or my math is wrong. I run 35" mrt's. Which only measure 33 5/8 on the buggy. Ok on stock carnivores ride height is supposed to be 14.5. if u add half the gain of my new tire it comes to around 1 5/8". Add that back to the 14.5 gives you 16 1/8 ride height. I guess my question is why people are running more ride height than I am and there on stock tires, am I doing something wrong? Is there a benefit of having your CV axles at that much more of an angle? My thoughts an goal was keeping the angle of my CV the same as factory gaining ground clearance by tire size an fixing the sag problem.
I'm with you. Maintaining stock CV angles is important to the longevity of them. I will be looking to set mine up at around 15.5" on my 32" tires. That should keep it real close to stock angles, and should give me all the GC I need 95% of the time. For the other 5%, the skid plates will earn their keep. ;)

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
707 Posts
Yeah, keeping those angles on the axels is important. I run 15 in front, and 14.5 in the rear on the stock tires.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
330 Posts
I installed my springs today. I ended up with 15” front and 14.5 rear. That’s without me in it and without the trail armor skids I’m waiting on. I’d already adjusted preload on the stock ones and I was at 13 front and 12 3/4 rear. I added a lot of accessories to mine. I took it for a 5 mile ride on some backroads by me and it felt the same as before. I was going to make a video on it but I had my kids and their cousins in the shop being inquisitive and I was teaching them about tools instead of filming. Those rear lower shock bolts were a pain in the ass to get in by the way.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
I'm about to give up waiting on RCOR to get their springs out. Thinking about just buying some of these from All Things UTV. Then I would be able to do a comparison between them if Right Coast ever sends me some.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
Mine goes to the dealer tomorrow to have the popping out of gear issue looked at. Also going to have them adjust the ride height on stock springs with all my add-ons. When the sag happens again then hopefully RCOR will have their springs ready. Still deciding which way to go. I see Eibach are getting sets ready to be in production soon also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm about to give up waiting on RCOR to get their springs out. Thinking about just buying some of these from All Things UTV. Then I would be able to do a comparison between them if Right Coast ever sends me some.
That is exactly what I did bob. I kept waiting on them as well because I know they will be quality stuff coming from rcor but paitence isn't my strong suit lol. But at $240 I can justify 2 sets for comparison when rcor releases theirs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Although I can't vouch for how they ride yet I will say it definitely gives u the ability to lift u back up wherever you wanna set your ride height at. Plenty of adjustment for extra weight/ add on's etc. Doing a 2 day ride this weekend at windrock to try them out. Anxious to see how they ride an feel.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Although I can't vouch for how they ride yet I will say it definitely gives u the ability to lift u back up wherever you wanna set your ride height at. Plenty of adjustment for extra weight/ add on's etc. Doing a 2 day ride this weekend at windrock to try them out. Anxious to see how they ride an feel.
Let us know what your thoughts are about them after your ride. (y)

·
Registered
330 Posts

Sorry it’s not the best video. I had no one to film when I did the actual install. My opinions though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
left the crossover ring in stock location for lower springs front / rear. Rear top lock ring in stock location too. Front lock ring 4.5" from the top of shock. I think instructions called for 3" down but that only gave me 13-14" of front height so I pulled fronts back off and reset them at 4.5" down. My settings have me a 16" front and rear now after a few short drives with no radical trail use yet.
Hoping for an update on the tender springs???? do they smooth out the small bumps ( wash board trails ) ? leaning towards Shock Therapy but would consider other options

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was out doing some tinkering before my upcoming ride this weekend an I had watched Dan's video an decided to lay a set of calipers on the tenders to see exactly what the difference was an this is what my measured.
Stock front tender .445
All things utv front tender .525
Stock rear tender .425
All things utv rear tender .490

·
Registered
330 Posts
I’m glad my eyes were right. 👍🏻 I was pretty sure but knowing the measurement now is cool. Thanks.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts