Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I installed my springs yesterday. Set rings at 4” on the front and 8” on the back. This gave me a 16.5 ride height on both ends. Went out on a 10-12 mile ride over different terrain and found that the ride is a good bit stiffer. The ride height increase also makes the handling feel a little more unstable but I’m sure I will get used to it. I also noticed that I can feel more vibrations in the pedal and the steering wheel. I am going to assume this because of the axle angle. Going on a big ride today at Top Trails in Talladega, Al. and will post again tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
330 Posts
I installed my springs yesterday. Set rings at 4” on the front and 8” on the back. This gave me a 16.5 ride height on both ends. Went out on a 10-12 mile ride over different terrain and found that the ride is a good bit stiffer. The ride height increase also makes the handling feel a little more unstable but I’m sure I will get used to it. I also noticed that I can feel more vibrations in the pedal and the steering wheel. I am going to assume this because of the axle angle. Going on a big ride today at Top Trails in Talladega, Al. and will post again tomorrow.
Are you on 35’s?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you on 35’s?
I am still on the stock Carnivores. Made through the ride but the machine is make all kinds of different noises. Mostly sounds like the the axle angle is to much. I am going to take the ride height down to 15.5 and see what happens.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I am still on the stock Carnivores. Made through the ride but the machine is make all kinds of different noises. Mostly sounds like the the axle angle is to much. I am going to take the ride height down to 15.5 and see what happens.
Any limit straps?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
330 Posts
I’m still on stock tires too. I’m aiming for just 14.5 when I set mine up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m still on stock tires too. I’m aiming for just 14.5 when I set mine up.
Ya well if u read ur owners manual that’s what it says.But what fun would that be? I’d pay more attention to the camber as well and the angle of the cv joints.I think ur on the correct path to stick to what the engineers at Kawasaki had in mind.Set ur tire ps to what they recommend as well before u take ur measurements

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ya well if u read ur owners manual that’s what it says.But what fun would that be? I’d pay more attention to the camber as well and the angle of the cv joints.I think ur on the correct path to stick to what the engineers at Kawasaki had in mind.Set ur tire ps to what they recommend as well before u take ur measurements
The reason ur starting to see the discussion of limit straps is because the longer springs are pushing the travel greater into the positive camber area,and that’s something u do not want

·
Registered
390 Posts
The reason ur starting to see the discussion of limit straps is because the longer springs are pushing the travel greater into the positive camber area,and that’s something u do not want
And it’s just a good idea for a sport machine being driven hard with heavy tires

21 - 40 of 69 Posts