Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

AJ's vs Trail Armor Fender Well Covers

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Paul65 
#1 ·
Looking to fill the rear fender wells. I know of AJ's, but also seeing Trail Armor fender well covers.
Trail Armor ones are half the price but have very few details about them.
Plenty of positive reviews on AJ's. Anyone tried Trail Armor and can speak to pros and cons?
I'm not concerned about the cost of AJ's, other than spending double when/if not needed.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Just got 2 sets of AJ's but won't have time to install until after several days @ Windrock.
He put his time in designing them so more than likely others coming out with them now will have shortcut the R&D.
Good install instruction sheet included.
As Rocky Heap mentioned though, Trail Armor stuff we've installed has fit well & stood up to some good bumps.
(skid plate & trail arm guards)

#14 ·
There may be cheaper options than AJ's, but there won't be any better options. Myself, I like to save a buck when I can, but I also prefer supporting small business when I get the opportunity, even if it ends up costing me more $$. Not to mention AJ is an awesome guy. How many businesses do you call and the owner answers the phone and your questions??? He also puts out quality products.

#17 ·
I bought the Trail Armor mud guards after someone in this forum posted a link to them. I had them installed before my last ride. I washed the KRX this past week and it appears to block everything from getting in those deep hard to clean areas under the fender. My friend has the Mud Buster mud guards and their not good at all. I compared the MB to thongs and the TA to granny panties. :D

#18 ·
I just bought a set. I put them in "My Cart" yesterday on Trail Armor's web site. Today they sent me a 10% discount code.

Now I'm about to (hopefully) clean out the inner rear fenders for the last time.

Reactions: 2817
#22 ·
After a few rides I can say these are 100% worth it. Here's what I tell people. You know how easy it is to clean the front wheel wells compared to the backs? Well, after installing these, the back wheel wells are as easy as the front!

Kawasaki should have included these on a 20k+ machine, but its taken care of now. Highly recommended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.