Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. Anyone else have them care to chime in. I like the fact it'd be far easier to clean an they'd be great to keep mud out when riding in the muck.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They help a lot in mud and rain. Rain can block the frogskin and get high belt temps. Pretty much a must do in the SE.
Man, dunno why the entire time I've been at this forum I've been thinking you're the gentleman selling the Milwaukee packout bed plates. LOL. Are you?

I keep forgetting to look into these covers further. So long as they don't impede airflow, which they don't look like they do, it seems like a great idea. One that I need to jump into. Though I actually do prefer the look of the grill turned inside-out vs the clean look of the AJ covers. Function beats out form in this case.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Man, dunno why the entire time I've been at this forum I've been thinking you're the gentleman selling the Milwaukee packout bed plates. LOL. Are you?

I keep forgetting to look into these covers further. So long as they don't impede airflow, which they don't look like they do, it seems like a great idea. One that I need to jump into. Though I actually do prefer the look of the grill turned inside-out vs the clean look of the AJ covers. Function beats out form in this case.
Nope not me but I do have one. Function is worth it if your in mud or rain. You have to call him to order though. They really dont look bad at all. No stickers on them either.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Nope not me but I do have one. Function is worth it if your in mud or rain. You have to call him to order though. They really dont look bad at all. No stickers on them either.
I was looking for an "add to cart" button but your reply just now reminded me how everyone says you have to call in and he'll talk your ear off, but a good guy just the same.

So how do you pay? He send an invoice or do Paypal Family/Friends or Zelle or something?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,755 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. Anyone else have them care to chime in. I like the fact it'd be far easier to clean an they'd be great to keep mud out when riding in the muck.
They look nice I reversed my frog skinz so the it is on the inside and protects them a little better. No rips or tears so far.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They look nice I reversed my frog skinz so the it is on the inside and protects them a little better. No rips or tears so far.
I did the same, sure enough after last ride a twig was left between the grate and frogskinz but no damage and it looks good but somethings drawing me to the AJ covers. 'Specially when I pressure wash after each ride. But also in imagining doing just that, pressure washing, I wonder if it's more a pain in the ass when you do wanna remove it to clean the frogskinz every now and again. I guess they'd only get dusty and not so much muddy.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,755 Posts
I did the same, sure enough after last ride a twig was left between the grate and frogskinz but no damage and it looks good but somethings drawing me to the AJ covers. 'Specially when I pressure wash after each ride. But also in imagining doing just that, pressure washing, I wonder if it's more a pain in the ass when you do wanna remove it to clean the frogskinz every now and again. I guess they'd only get dusty and not so much muddy.
It’s not too bad, I’ve taken both air boxes completely apart. You’ll be surprised what’s in there lol

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,068 Posts
Air. I take it this is a one-way upgrade with no going back as you have to drill holes into existing chambers for push pins?
I don't think the holes would really be an issue if you took them back off. The frogskinz really aren't a filter and a dab of silicon would plug the holes if they bothered you.
I don't remember if I paid via Paypal or if he just took my credit card payment over the phone. AJ is a great guy and fun to chat with if you aren't in a hurry. :D

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,068 Posts
Curious if anyone running these covers runs in the snow with them? I know my frogskinz get covered with snow when I'm out in it, and it's tough to clear because I have my grates on the outside to protect them. (and I think it looks much better like that)

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
594 Posts
So juss installed my intake covers from aj's today. All in all I like them. They need some dirt an scratches on them to match the rest of my buggy tho lol. Easy Install, used 5/16 drill bit with the supplied push pins. Little tip, hold them up an get it where u want them, drill 1 hole in the top an install that push pin, then continue drilling one hole at a time an attach as u go.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Intake covers look like a frogskinz delete. I still like the looks and the idea behind the covers. Lookin' good, gents.
Helps with both intake noise, acts like a dust cyclone by making the air come up from the bottom, no restriction. Frog skins stay in place. East coast forest and tight trails means sticks and you got to watch for the ones pointing at you going down the trails, especially on the sleds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts