Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any aftermarket windshield wiper kit that will work, just kinda hard to stomach $400 for a factory wiper with all the money I’ve dumped into it so far thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
People will want to know what windshield you have. Though since you said $400 for Kawasaki you must have the Kawasaki glass?

For a hard coated polycarbonate windshield manual wipers are very cost effective. They work well enough.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
Wished I could help more, but I can share this. I have a riding buddy with a Can Am X3 and he told me on his machine there are people using wiper motors from a donor vehicle from a junk yard. Meaning a readily available automobile wiper motor. I do not know what they use. I do not know what will work for a KRX. But your request is straightforward. If it would help, I have the KRX wiper kit and can provide details, provided I do not have to disassemble anything because I have weekend rides coming up. :)

Any wiper on a polycarbonate windshield will eventually scratch it, and my research indicates hard coated does not matter it will still happen.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Glass or nothing! Every plexiglass, polycarbonate, hard coated, don’t matter what plastic it will scratch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the factory poly windshield but I would like to in the future to upgrade to a glass windshield

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Am interested for sure.

Buddy needs a wiper for OEM glass where it mounts at the bottom. Wonder if that would work?

This is my first glass windshield. I’ve run hard coated polycarbonate for years. They last a super long time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for sharing! Am interested for sure.

Buddy needs a wiper for OEM glass where it mounts at the bottom. Wonder if that would work?

This is my first glass windshield. I’ve run hard coated polycarbonate for years. They last a super long time.
Let me ask you this, where do you ride? I’m south of Pittsburgh PA and a lot of our trails are tight and lots of branches and jagger bushes so I’ll have a lot of crap hitting the windshield.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts